Ship Car To Solomon Islands
Shipping A Car To Solomon Islands
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The majority of cars shipped from the United States to the Solomon Islands cost $2,700 to $6,200 to transport.
- The price can vary based on a number of things, but the size of the vehicle is one of the key determining factors.
The Solomon Islands consist of many different islands. There are 922 islands, to be exact. While the main form of travel is by sea, a personal vehicle will come in handy for those that choose to reside on the islands or those that plan on staying for a long time.
There are paved roads on the Solomon Islands and it is easy for travel. When needing to reach a destination within an island, a vehicle will come of assistance and allow a person to travel much quicker than they would be able to through public transportation.
Solomon Islands Ports
Considering that the Solomon Islands are all bordered by the Solomon Sea, there are many different seaports and even some airports. Make sure that the right port is being used when having a vehicle shipped to the islands. The owner must be present at the time of the vehicle’s arrival. Here is a list of the ports available:
- Shortland Harbour
- Port of Mallaco Bay
- Port of Gizo
- Port of Ringi Cove
- Port of Noro
- Viru Harbour
- Allardyce Harbour
- Port of Yandina
- Port of Honiara
- Port of Tulagi
- Port of Aola Bay
- Port of Pakera Point
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Solomon Islands
- A photo I.D.
- Proof of the vehicle’s cylinder capacity
- Date of purchase proof
- A receipt of the vehicle’s purchase or value at the time of purchase
- Title, registration
- Proof of insurance
- Bill of lading
Contact Solomon Islands Customs to make sure that all requirements are met. Otherwise, importing a vehicle will not be permitted onto the islands.
Methods of Shipment Available
Exporting a vehicle can be done in several ways. Choose between air shipping, container shipping, and RO/RO shipping. All of them are easily available, but air shipping is highly priced and almost impossible to afford.
Container shipping will allow a person to ship other belongings with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with property too. Containers can be shared with another person to help reduce the cost of shipping.
The RO/RO shipping method is also known as the roll on, roll off method. This requires the vehicle to be empty. The owner can have a car jack, a spare tire and floor mats in the vehicle.
- Have your car safely shipped from the US to the Solomon Islands
- Use an international shipping company to get your car from the US to the Solomon Islands
- What’s the most secure method of transporter for shipping a car to the Solomon Islands
- Why it is wise to hire a professional overseas transporter to ship a car to the Solomon Islands