What you need to know about shipping your car from the United States to Slovenia
Shipping A Car To Slovenia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- You can expect to pay between $1,600 and $4,100 to ship a car from the United States to Slovenia.
- Cars shipped to Slovenia must be sent from a port on the East Coast, meaning vehicles from other parts of the country must first be transported there.
While there is really only a single destination port that international cargo may be shipped to in Slovenia – the port city of Koper – there are of course many possible ports of departure from the U.S. when you’re considering shipping your car to Slovenia.
Depending on your location in the U.S. you’ll have to get your vehicle to one of those ports, and it will have to be one which your chosen shipper operates out of. You will either have to drive the vehicle to that port yourself and save the cost of having your shipper pick it up for you, or you’ll have to pay the trucking cost of door-to-port service which will literally retrieve the vehicle from your doorstep and transport it to the intended port.
Then you’ll need to decide on the shipping method you want to use for your car. If you send it the simplest and cheapest way, that will be the Roll-on/Roll-off method in which the vehicle is driven up a ramp on to the ship under its own power and lashed securely to the deck.
Containerized shipping is more expensive and more secure, because your vehicle would be placed securely inside a 20-ft or 40-ft container and hoisted on deck by a crane. It provides more protection for your vehicle in transit, so if you have an expensive or classic vehicle being shipped, it might be worthwhile to go this route.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Costs of Shipping
The cost of shipping your car to Slovenia will depend on several factors. One of the most important of these is the make, model, and year of our car, because that will determine exactly how much space it takes up on board the ship. When shipping via RORO, you are charged according to a schedule based on the size of your car.
As mentioned previously, if you elect to use door-to-port pickup service that will add significantly to the total cost of the shipping project. Many shippers carry insurance on vehicles being shipped, but if you need peace of mind for shipping a valuable vehicle you can purchase extra insurance of your own, and this is generally some percentage of the car’s value, probably in the 3-6% neighborhood.
The time of year you ship may also make a difference, because there are fewer shipments during certain periods, which means demand for shipboard space is greater.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Slovenia
- Proof of ownership (from U.S. Customs and Border Protection)
- Bill of sale (satisfies ownership requirement)
- Bill of lading
Chances are your shipper will be aware of all requirements in effect for both the U.S. and Slovenia, because the company will have a working relationship with both, but it is to your benefit to be aware of them as well.
Avoiding any kind of hang-ups is always desirable when shipping internationally so your vehicle doesn’t end up sitting in port for weeks with you unable to retrieve it.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!