Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Slovenia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
What you need to know about shipping your car from the United States to Slovenia
Shipping A Car To Slovenia.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- You can expect to pay between $1,600 and $4,100 to ship a car from the United States to Slovenia.
- Cars shipped to Slovenia must be sent from a port on the East Coast, meaning vehicles from other parts of the country must first be transported there.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Slovenia
|New York, NY to|
(New York port) to Koper
|Los Angeles to|
(California port) to Koper
|Boston, MA to (New York port)|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port)|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port)|
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Memphis, TN to|
(New York port) to Koper
|Miami, FL to|
(New York port) to Koper
|Dallas, TX to|
(California port) to Koper
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
While there is really only a single destination port that international cargo may be shipped to in Slovenia – the port city of Koper – there are of course many possible ports of departure from the U.S. when you’re considering shipping your car to Slovenia.
Depending on your location in the U.S. you’ll have to get your vehicle to one of those ports, and it will have to be one which your chosen shipper operates out of. You will either have to drive the vehicle to that port yourself and save the cost of having your shipper pick it up for you, or you’ll have to pay the trucking cost of door-to-port service which will literally retrieve the vehicle from your doorstep and transport it to the intended port.
Then you’ll need to decide on the shipping method you want to use for your car. If you send it the simplest and cheapest way, that will be the Roll-on/Roll-off method in which the vehicle is driven up a ramp on to the ship under its own power and lashed securely to the deck.
Containerized shipping is more expensive and more secure because your vehicle would be placed securely inside a 20-ft or 40-ft container and hoisted on deck by a crane. It provides more protection for your vehicle in transit, so if you have an expensive or classic vehicle being shipped, it might be worthwhile to go this route.
Learn more about vehicle registration process in Slovenia.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Costs of Shipping
The cost of shipping your car to Slovenia will depend on several factors. One of the most important of these is the make, model, and year of our car because that will determine exactly how much space it takes up on board the ship. When shipping via RORO, you are charged according to a schedule based on the size of your car.
As mentioned previously, if you elect to use door-to-port pickup service that will add significantly to the total cost of the shipping project. Many shippers carry insurance on vehicles being shipped, but if you need peace of mind for shipping a valuable vehicle you can purchase extra insurance of your own, and this is generally some percentage of the car’s value, probably in the 3-6% neighborhood.
The time of year you ship may also make a difference because there are fewer shipments during certain periods, which means demand for shipboard space is greater.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Slovenia
- Proof of ownership (fromU.S. Customs and Border Protection)
- Bill of sale (satisfies ownership requirement)
- Bill of lading.
Chances are your shipper will be aware of all requirements in effect for both the U.S. and Slovenia, because the company will have a working relationship with both, but it is to your benefit to be aware of them as well.
Avoiding any kind of hang-ups is always desirable when shipping internationally so your vehicle doesn’t end up sitting in port for weeks with you unable to retrieve it.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Slovenia
Hiring international shipping professionals with experience and all the necessary credentials is the greatest way to have your heavy equipment or oversized cargo shipped outside the United States. When you go through a reputable overseas shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport, you can expect that your equipment will get delivered safely to Slovenia. With our connections to the high quality shipping equipment and the most current shipping technologies, we are certain that we can ship your oversized cargo to Slovenia successfully.
Trying to abide by the demands of foreign import laws is perhaps the most confusing part of the international shipping process. At A1 our shipping specialists are kept up-to-date with the laws and tariff rates that must be paid before you can earn the certificate of import approval from the Customs Department.
Various Types of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We Can Ship Overseas
- Farm Equipment including tractors, balers, harvesters, backhoes, etc.
- Construction Equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, pipes, hydraulic equipment, dumpers, rock breakers, etc.
- Mining Equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
- Paving Equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural Equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, spreaders, drills, mowers, planers, etc.
Ways to Ship Your Heavy Equipment to Slovenia
As you scour our website you may notice that you have several shipping options to select from. However, depending on the kind of equipment or cargo you have, not all of these shipping options may be accessible to you. Our representatives will discuss your options with you after you answer a few of their questions over the phone.
Explanation of Our Shipping Methods
- Container shipping offers the greatest amount of security. Due to the extra protection provided, this enclosed service may cost a little more than the other shipping options available.
- Flat rack shipping is a form of open air transport that offers more security during the transport by fastening your cargo to a large metal frame before it’s placed aboard the ship with a crane.
- Roll on/roll off shipping is an open air services and the least expensive transport method. It is available to those with large vehicles or heavy equipment that can drive onto and off of the ship using a ramp. This tends to be the most popular of all the transport methods offered through A1.
- Lift on/lift off shipping is open air transport method best for those shipping large inoperable vehicles, construction supplies and crated heavy equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto the ship as well as off of the ship.