Ljubljana is the biggest city and capital of Slovenia. It is strategically situated in the trading area between Danube region and northern Adriatic Sea. Additionally, it is the economic, political and cultural hub of the country since 1991.
If you are contemplating moving to Ljubljana on work permit or a short term basis but require your own vehicle there, contact an international auto shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport Company. We have years of experience shipping vehicle to EU and can handle all aspects of Customs and other procedures needed for a quick vehicle delivery.
Slovenia’s main port is the city of Koper. Your vehicle will be delivered here and then you will be required to make your own arrangements to drive the vehicle 106 km to Ljubljana or can ask A1 Auto Transport service to do the needful. We offer door to port and port to port services at additional charges. You might want to discuss doorstep services for your vehicle. However, if you are looking to cut costs, you can drive your vehicle to the nearest port in US before the vehicle is shipped.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of shipping to Ljubljana.
There are various factors that need to be considered when you have to ship your vehicle to Ljubljana. The method of shipping is a key consideration apart from the model, make and year of manufacture as the evaluated value has to be calculated before the import duties are levied. The freight charges and insurance on the vehicle are also considered before the total cost of the transportation is calculated. We will be able to help you judge the total amount and offer a written quote.
You can contact the Embassy of Slovenia in USA to get further details of the laws. The shipping methods vary is price. Air transportation is exorbitantly expensive and that is why it is why it is not a preferred method. The two common methods of shipping include Container shipping which is the more expensive method yet it offers added security as the vehicle is secured with a completely sealed freight container. You are allowed to put personal belongings inside the container or household goods, as needed. However, due to the exclusivity, it is more expensive. The most affordable method is RORO. Your vehicle is driven aboard and harnessed on the deck. At the destination port in Slovenia, it is driven off for inspections and clearances. The limitations include:
- Removing air conditioning gas.
- No personal items or belongings within the vehicle.
- 1/4th tank of fuel only.
- Steam clean vehicle before shipping.
- Keep the jack, floor mats and extra set of keys inside the vehicle.
If you select additional services of ‘door to port’ or ‘port to port’, charges will be extra. One of our business representatives will help you get an idea of additional custom duties, import levies and other registration charges which will be additional cost. If you are shipping a luxury vehicle, you might want extra insurance on it to protect against collateral damages and theft.
Before you ship the vehicle from USA, you need to ensure that the documentation is in place. There are plenty of documents that will be required by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and at the Finančna uprava Republike Slovenije. Some of these include:
- Clear title deed.
- Original bill of sale.
- Valid international license issued in USA.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
- Proof of the ownership- driving license, passport, ID card.
It is best to be aware of the regulations and laws pertaining to imports. At A1 Auto Transport service, we are conversant with the nuances of shipping to Slovenia. We’ll be glad to help you with the documentations and procedures that need to be completed at the U.S port and at Slovenian port.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?