- Shipping A Car To Slovakia
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Slovakia
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Cost of shipping car overseas
- Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Slovakia
- Shipping Rates
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Slovakia
- The Various Overseas Shipping Services to Choose From
- Other Services
- Related Information & FAQs
Shipping A Car To Slovakia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost range for shipping a car to Slovakia from the U.S. is $1,900 to $4,700 for most vehicles.
- Costs can creep higher for larger cars that don’t fit into a transport container, which is the method used for shipping most vehicles to the area.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Slovakia
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Bratislava
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Bratislava
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Bratislava
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Bratislava
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Košice
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Košice
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Bratislava
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Košice
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Košice
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Bratislava
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
The beautiful land-locked country, Slovakia was once a part of Czechoslovakia but is an independent country now. If you are moving there or want to ship your car to Slovakia, there are specific requirements that need to be completed. From filing the correct documents to paying the fees, every aspect has to be considered. To know more about the cost of shipping a car to Slovakia, read this informative article about exporting a car overseas.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Cost of shipping car overseas
The price of moving your automobile will be affected by your decision between two primary options. Containers, which come in lengths of 20 feet and 40 feet, are the finest option to safeguard your car during shipping. Vehicles can be stored safely from the environment and shipping damages in shipping containers.
The next shipping method used is the Roll on, Roll off method. This method operates on securing the car on the ship deck. There are some rules when transporting this method:
- A driver needs to drive the vehicle on and off the ship.
- Vehicle must contain at least a quarter of a tank of gas. This is the maximum amount of gas allowed in the vehicle.
- Your vehicle must be free of any personal possessions inside while being transported.
There are three ports accessible for shipments going from the USA to Slovakia. These ports are port of New York, port of Savannah, and port of Los Angeles. Slovakia is landlocked so ocean containers will be able to deliver goods through transportation from the ports to land. Ports available in Slovakia include port of Gdynia in Poland or port of Constanta in Romania. If your goods are arriving in full containers or a cargo that is de-consolidated, then delivery by a truck at either port is necessary. As per the shipping company’s terms, the delivery of the container as per the Ocean Bill of Lading is to the nearest port or land-based location.
Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements
In order for a vehicle to be registered, there are a few details that must be included with the vehicle at the time of import:
- The car manual must be included in the car
- Mirrors must be attached to both sides of the car
- There must be a lock on the gasoline tank
- Steering wheel should be located on the left side of the vehicle
- A technical detail list of the vehicle should be included
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Slovakia
- Vehicle Title
- Bill of sale
- Proof of insurance
- Verified driver's license - Know more about specific laws about owning a vehicle as an expat and driving in Slovakia.
- Original invoice
- Bill of lading
In order to determine the shipping rates per vehicle, you will need to contact the transportation company. There are many factors that play a role in determining the cost; Roll on/Roll off, Containers, size of the vehicle, 4-Wheel Drive, SUV, etc. Because the shipping container can be expensive, you may be able to share the container with someone and splitting the cost. One container can hold about four cars, depending on size.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Slovakia
Without the help of licensed and experienced shipping specialists, transporting your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to the nation of Slovakia isn’t at all simple to achieve. Through the professionals at A1 Auto Transport you can guarantee a safe delivery from the U.S. to another country. We have access to all the best tools and equipment as well as access to the most current shipping technologies. With the relationships we formed in the industry throughout the years and our decades of experience, we can surely ship nearly any type of cargo overseas safe and sound. We even offer insurance coverage to every one of our customers during their shipping process.
Even with all the different kinds of heavy equipment and oversized cargo in the world, we rarely come across anything we’re unable to transport. Actually, we have shipped everything from mining equipment to farming equipment. Below is a list of examples of some of the types of heavy equipment and cargo we can and have shipped...
- Haulers, Dump Trucks, & Other Large Vehicles
- Heavy Machinery
- Farm Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Pontoon Boats & Large Water Vessels
The Various Overseas Shipping Services to Choose From
There are several international transport solutions through A1 that are available to those shipping large or heavy cargo. The shipping services offered to you strongly depend on what type of equipment or cargo you have to ship to Slovakia as well as the amount of money you’re willing to spend on the transport. When you give us a call, one of our shipping technicians will go over your options with you. They’ll make sure you are well aware of the shipping services open to you and how each service is carried out. Since each shipping method is priced differently, we will even try our best to work within your budget. Here are the methods of shipping we have to offer anyone transporting heavy cargo across the world...
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Container Shipping
Three of the above methods listed are open air services while one (container) is enclosed. All of them are wonderful services to use for your equipment’s future delivery and come with partial insurance coverage.