Shipping A Car To Slovakia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost range for shipping a car to Slovakia from the U.S. is $1,900 to $4,700 for most vehicles.
- Costs can creep higher for larger cars that don’t fit into a transport container, which is the method used for shipping most vehicles to the area.
The beautiful land-locked country, Slovakia was once a part of Czechoslovakia but is an independent country now. If you are moving there or want to ship your car to Slovakia, there are specific requirements that need to be completed. From filing the correct documents to paying the fees, every aspect has to be considered. To know more about the cost of shipping a car to Slovakia, read this informative article about exporting a car overseas.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of shipping car overseas
There are two basic choices to consider when transporting your vehicle which will play a factor in the cost. The best way to protect your vehicle during transit is to use containers that are available as 20 feet and 40 feet. Shipping containers will keep your vehicle protected from any weather elements or shipping hazards.
The next shipping method used is the Roll on, Roll off method. This method operates on securing the car on the ship deck. There are some rules when transporting this method:
- A driver needs to drive the vehicle on and off the ship.
- Vehicle must contain at least a quarter of a tank of gas. This is the maximum amount of gas allowed in the vehicle.
- Your vehicle must be free of any personal possessions inside while being transported.
There are three ports accessible for shipments going from the USA to Slovakia. These ports are port of New York, port of Savannah, and port of Los Angeles. Slovakia is landlocked so ocean containers will be able to deliver goods through transportation from the ports to land. Ports available in Slovakia include port of Gdynia in Poland or port of Constanta in Romania. If your goods are arriving in full containers or a cargo that is de-consolidated, then delivery by a truck at either port is necessary. As per the shipping company’s terms, the delivery of the container as per the Ocean Bill of Lading is to the nearest port or land-based location.
Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements
In order for a vehicle to be registered, there are a few details that must be included with the vehicle at the time of import:
- The car manual must be included in the car
- Mirrors must be attached to both sides of the car
- There must be a lock on the gasoline tank
- Steering wheel should be located on the left side of the vehicle
- A technical detail list of the vehicle should be included
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Slovakia
- Vehicle Title
- Bill of sale
- Proof of insurance
- Verified driver’s license – Know more about specific laws about owning a vehicle as an expat and driving in Slovakia.
- Original invoice
- Bill of lading
In order to determine the shipping rates per vehicle, you will need to contact the transportation company. There are many factors that play a role in determining the cost; Roll on/Roll off, Containers, size of the vehicle, 4-Wheel Drive, SUV, etc. Because the shipping container can be expensive, you may be able to share the container with someone and splitting the cost. One container can hold about four cars, depending on size.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?