Do you want to export your vehicle to Singapore from the United States?
Shipping A Car To Singapore.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars shipped to Singapore from the U.S. cost between $2,300 to $5,900 to transport.
- The majority of shipments to the area, vehicle or other cargo, come by way of shipping container so cars that fit inside are more affordable to import.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Singapore
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Singapore||$350||$2,100||5+21|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Singapore||$400||$2,200||5+28|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Singapore||$450||$2,100||5+21|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Singapore||$475||$2,100||6+21|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Singapore||$550||$2,100||6+21|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Singapore||$575||$2,200||6+28|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Singapore||$700||$2,200||6+28|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Singapore||$775||$2,100||7+21|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Singapore||$925||$2,200||7+28|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Singapore||$1,075||$2,200||7+28|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Importing a vehicle into Singapore can be a costly and complex endeavor. It is extremely important to do the research ahead of time so that you can make an informed decision as to whether shipping your own personal vehicle into Singapore is the right move for you. You will also want to enlist the help of a very reputable auto transport company to help you through the process.
Only vehicles 3 years old or NEWER are allowed to be imported into Singapore. The age is determined by the date of its first registration in a foreign country. An additional charge of $10,000 is due for any USED vehicle imported into Singapore. This fee is not mandated for new vehicles. However, vehicles are only considered new if:
- The vehicle is imported DIRECTLY from the manufacturer within 3 months of the manufactured date.
- The vehicle is registered as NEW in a country with higher standards for safety and emissions than Singapore, but then de-registered within 14 days of initially being registered, then imported within 3 months of its DE-registration in that foreign country (further details can be found at http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/self_importation_.html in the document entitled “Self Import and Register a Car”)
- All USED vehicles must undergo an emissions test at VETL (http://www.vetl.com.sg/) at the point of importation to determine Carbon Dioxide figures and fuel efficiency. This information will determine the surcharge or the rebate for the Carbon Emission-based Vehicle Scheme (CEVS)
- The Land Transport Authority accepts vehicles that are compliant with internationally recognized safety standards, such as those used in the United States, but appropriate documentation is required.
- Proof of compliance with exhaust emissions standards must also be supplied.
- Right Hand Drive only vehicles allowed to be imported.
- Proof of current registration.
- Safety Glass must be up to the international recognized standards(no less than 70% light transmittance for front windows and no less than 25% light transmittance for rear windows)
- Modifications to vehicle must be approved by the manufacturer.
- Asbestos-free brake and clutch lining.
- CFC-free Air Conditioning.
After the rigorous verification of the vehicle, the next step is to prepare to pay the customs duty rate, which is 20% for a motor car and 12% for a motorcycle. The percentage is based on the transaction value of the vehicle and includes the freight and insurance charges (known as the CIF). To determine this value, you must complete Form SC-A-012.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Singapore.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Singapore
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Freight and Insurance Documentation.
- Bills and/or Receipts documenting other related charges.
- Proof of insurance.
- Vehicle Data Card.
- Manufacturer’s letter or proof showing date of manufacture.
- Photos of the interior, exterior, VIN, and odometer of the vehicle.
- Certificate of compliance.
- Customs payment receipt.
Because this can be a lengthy and involved process, it is in your best interest to go with an auto transport company that you can count on and fully trust. Shipping a vehicle into Singapore from the United States can be done as long as you’re in the right hands.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Singapore
The process of transporting heavy equipment or oversized cargo from the U.S. to another country is one that’s best left to licensed overseas transport specialists. With all that goes into the preparation and planning of an international delivery, you’ll find it’s much easier and affordable to let professionals ship out your cargo. In fact, you will need access to the right shipping equipment and technology. Otherwise delivering heavy equipment to another nation is very unlikely. Prior to your transport, you will first need to obtain a certificate of import approval through Customs. Fortunately, A1 Auto Transport is able to help you through the entire process.
At A1, we have successfully delivered all types of heavy equipment and overseas cargo to other nations throughout our long history in the shipping industry. To give you an idea of some of the kinds of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we have delivered outside the U.S., here is a small list of examples…
- Construction Materials and Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Large Water Vessels
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
What Transport Methods Are Available through A1?
The kind of equipment you wish to have imported by SIngapore will determine which of our international shipping methods are open to you. Below, we’ve included a summary of each transport service we have available…
- Container shipping is the absolute safest form of overseas transport. Your heavy equipment must fit into a 40ft container in order for you to take advantage of this enclosed method of shipping.
- Flat rack transport is an open air service that includes securing the cargo to a metal frame before it is placed atop the boat.
- RoRo transport is the cheapest and the most well-liked open air shipping service we offer. It is available to those with running vehicles and equipment that can drive onto and off of the boat using a ramp.
- LoLo transport is an open air service that’s suggested to customers with inoperable large vehicles and equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo on and off of the boat.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How can I keep the cost to ship a car to Singapore inexpensive
- Decide what shipping method is best to transport your car to Singapore with
- How to determine the cost of shipping a car to Singapore from the US
- How can I safely ship my car to Singapore with other belongings?
- How to ship a car from the USA to Singapore?
- Is it okay to ship my car to Singapore with open air shipping services?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.