Moving Your Vehicle to Serbia from the United States
Shipping A Car To Serbia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It usually costs from $2,000 to $5,700 to have a car shipped to Serbia from the United States.
- Any car that is brought into the country must meet the Serbian vehicle standards, which some cars manufactured in the U.S. do not.
Following the laws of importing to Serbia from the U.S. is a task that must be regarded. Although these laws may seem complicated, it is quite possible to have a personal vehicle transported to Central and Southeast Europe.
Having a personal vehicle exported to Serbia will prove to be beneficial, if staying there for an extended period of time. It will give a person the leniency of traveling throughout Europe without having to use public forms of transportation. Even though there are wonderful means of travel within the country and plenty of roadways, traveling in a new country can be intimidating. By having a personal vehicle delivered, public transit and on-going travel expenses included in public transportation can be avoided.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Reasons to Have Your Personal Vehicle Shipped
Serbia transit can take some getting used to if a person has never traveled within a foreign country on their own. With the amount of things that will need to be researched and the things that will already take getting accustomed to, trying to figure out public transportation may cause even more confusion. There are many reasons to have your own vehicle shipped to Serbia.
- Avoiding language barriers while traveling will be easier
- More efficient means of traveling
- A quicker way to travel
- It will cost less money in the long run
The Two Best Ways to Transport Your Vehicle to Serbia
RO/RO and container shipping are the two main approaches to shipping a vehicle overseas. Both are efficient means of transporting and anyone wanting to import an automobile of any kind will need to select the best method for them.
RO/RO shipping is a roll on, roll off method, meaning that the vehicle is rolled onto the ship and then rolled off. There is to be nothing in the vehicle at the time of transporting. Whereas, container shipping allows a person to fill the vehicle with belongings allowed for importation according to Serbian law. Container shipping is slightly more costly than RO/RO shipping but the expenses can be split with another person if the container is shared between two people.
How to Ship Your Vehicle to Serbia
Shipping your vehicle will require specific documentation and mandatory actions. Serbian law requires that any vehicle imported must pass the European emissions standards or Euro 3 standards. Typically, vehicles manufactured in the U.S. aren’t Euro 3 certified. This makes it nearly impossible to register them in Serbia. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that importation to Serbia isn’t manageable. There are other matters that will need to be acknowledged as well.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Serbia
- Customs certification (within 30 days)
- Vehicle title
- Proof of ownership
- Serbian visa and proof of residence
- Work permit
- Inspection document
- Bill of lading
- Purchase invoice
- Engine size certification
All of the above must be presented to Customs to make shipping a vehicle possible. There is no other way to have a vehicle transported to Serbia or any Central and Southeast European country without any of the proper documentation.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!