Ship Your Car To Or From Saudi Arabia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Vehicle shipping costs to Saudi Arabia from the U.S. are most frequently between $2,800 and $5,900.
- Because of the distance involved in shipping, prices can fluctuate based on the availability of transport carriers at the time requested.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Saudi Arabia
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Dammam||$350||$2,700||5+41|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Dammam||$400||$2,200||5+25|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Jeddah||$450||$2,500||5+41|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Jeddah||$475||$2,500||6+41|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Riyadh||$550||$2,700||6+48|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Jeddah||$550||$2,200||5+25|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Dammam||$675||$2,200||6+25|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Dammam||$775||$2,700||7+41|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Riyadh||$925||$2,400||7+35|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Jeddah||$1,075||$2,200||7+25|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping a vehicle overseas can be a tedious process, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Do some research and hire a reputable car shipping company such as A-1 Auto Transport and the entire procedure can be painless and worry-free.
Requirements of the Vehicle
- Saudi Arabia law allows for no vehicles older than 5 years to be imported into the country
- No vehicles that have been in an accident of any kind or show any damage can be shipped
- No vehicles that have been previously used as a taxi or a police vehicle
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Saudi Arabia
- Importer authorization.
- Proof of ownership (verified by the Saudi Embassy or the US Chamber of Commerce)
- Export Declaration from United States Customs.
- Police clearance.
- Conformity Certificate.
- Bill of lading.
- Passport & entry visa.
How to Calculate Custom Taxes
The value of the vehicle is based on the price list issued by the manufacturer, and taking into account depreciation rates based on the age of the vehicle
- A vehicle 6 months or newer is considered new and no deduction is taken.
- A vehicle older than 6 months, but less than a year, is granted a monthly deduction rate of 2%
- A vehicle 2 years to 5 years old will be granted a monthly deduction rate of 1%
- The value of the vehicle (as calculated above) plus the cost of the freight and insurance is how the customs tax is calculated.
- The customs duty rate is a flat rate of 5% for regular cars and 12% for trucks.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AN INDIVIDUAL MAY ONLY IMPORT 1 VEHICLE PER YEAR INTO SAUDI ARABIA WITHOUT A COMMERCIAL PERMIT.
It is in your best interest to first contact the Saudi Arabia Embassy in the US to double check and verify that all the rules are still the same before making plans to ship your vehicle. With a competent auto transport company on your side, the route to Saudi Arabia for your vehicle can be a smooth one.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Saudi Arabia
A myriad of factors play into picking a shipping company to get your heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas from the U.S. to Saudi Arabia. Distance, tariffs, import export/policies, the type of cargo and its size and weight are all considerations to take into account. At A-1 Auto Transport, we simplify and streamline the process so you don’t have to. We are able to transport mostly anything under the sun and are at the ready to discuss your shipping your needs. It’s good to work with a company who has a lot of experience with a wide assortment of freight and has decades of shipping experience. With A-1 you have that. In recent months we have serviced clients who have needed to ship the following items:
- Boom Lifts
- Crawler Loaders
- Pontoon Boats
- Industrial Plant Equipment
- Concrete Mixers
- Water Towers
- And Many More!
International Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo Shipping Options
- Lift On/Lift Off - A vessel that is built with cranes to load heavy and oversized freight. It’s self-sufficient in the sense that it can load and unload cargo without the help of external crane devices. A bit more expensive than other shipping options due to the deck space taken and the machinery needed used to place the cargo. Quite ideal for uniquely sized pieces or supplies that won’t fit into a shipping container.
- Roll On/Roll Off - A cargo vessel designed to carry wheeled, self propelled vehicles, trailers or railroad cars that can roll onto and off of the ship. Usually the least expensive way to transport due to the minimal resources involved.
- Flat Rack - Is a shipping type that is recommended for those with freight that won’t fit into a container. With this method, your cargo is secured to a rack or metal frame and it is then carefully placed on top of the cargo ship. Fits a wide variety of unique equipment
- Container - This shipping method can be the most expensive yet it isn’t applicable to those looking for overseas heavy equipment shipping services. If your cargo can fit within a 40ft shipping container, then you may be eligible for this service. Container shipping provides the top tier protection from outside sources albeit a confined storage space.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Use an overseas transporter from the US to ship your car to Saudi Arabia
- What is the best way to ship multiple cars to Saudi Arabia?
- Import vehicle into USA from Saudi Arabia
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.