Sarajevo is the capital as well as the largest city of the country of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Furthermore, it is also the largest city and the capital of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as being the center of Sarajevo Canton. This city is also the cultural, social and political center of the country and it has a broad influence in industries such as arts, fashion, media and entertainment.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prior to exporting a car to Sarajevo in Bosnia, you would need to make some preparations in order to ship a clean car from the first port to the other one. This is due to the fact that the vehicle will be subjected to inspection before it is being load in order to gain shipping access. Some of the key aspects include:
- All of the antennas of the car should be removed or properly retracted.
- You will also have to remove all electrical devices or modifications such as CD players.
- You would also have to make sure that all doors and windows are closed and you are only allowed to place a spare tire, extra set of keys and a car jack.
- All other luggage should be removed because it is not allowed in while shipping.
Overseas transportation from the United States.
There are also a lot of documents that need to be filled out and if you fail to complete the paperwork, you may not be able to ship on time. There are different custom regulations based on the port as well as duty rates that have to be covered when shipping to Bosnia. The main ports are Zenica, Tuzla, Mostar and Banja Luka.
Designated and required documentation.
The following documentation is required in order to complete a successful shipment:
- Registration certificate.
- Ownership licenses.
- 21% daily rate which is due once the paperwork is properly verified.
It is also required that you are present at the time during which the inspection for granting shipping clearance is performed. The owners of used vehicles are exempt from the duty report provided they have driven the car for at least six months and can prove it.
Two shipping methods are available when it comes to shipping or exporting a vehicle to the country of Bosnia which are Roll on/Roll off as well as container shipping. You can choose an option after the clearance inspection is successful.
- Ro-Ro option is when your vehicle is driven on to the shipping deck where it is going to be stabilized in position. This method is generally the preferred one as it is the cheapest but it leaves the car fully exposed to different weather conditions.
- The second method is container shipping where you can rent a container of different sizes depending on your particular vehicle. You can store other items within the container provided there is enough space. If you want to cut costs, you can share containers with other people in order to spare some expenses. You will have to hire someone to put the car in the container and to fasten it up with the mechanisms.
Once the car has arrived in Sarajevo in Bosnia, there are different procedures that need to be undergone and also some taxes that would have to be paid to ensure the reliable entry into the country. You will have to:
- Pay the required taxes and additional duties.
- File an application for registration plates.
- Get the instructions about the driving rules in Bosnia.
There may be queries or questions which you can address to the Embassy of Bosnia before you start the shipping process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?