Sarajevo is the capital as well as the largest city of the country of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Furthermore, it is also the largest city and the capital of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as being the center of Sarajevo Canton. This city is also the cultural, social and political center of the country and it has a broad influence in industries such as arts, fashion, media and entertainment.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Sarajevo
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Sarajevo||$275||$2800||5+23 days|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Sarajevo||$350||$3700||5+36 days|
|Sarajevo to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$3700||5+36 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Sarajevo||$475||$3700||6+36 days|
|Sarajevo to (California port) to Seattle, WA||$550||$3700||6+36 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Sarajevo||$550||$2800||5+23 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Sarajevo||$575||$2800||6+23 days|
|Sarajevo to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$2800||6+23 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Sarajevo||$775||$3700||7+36 days|
|Sarajevo to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$2800||7+23 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Procedures for import of vehicles
Prior to exporting a car to Sarajevo in Bosnia, you would need to make some preparations in order to ship a clean car from the first port to the other one. This is due to the fact that the vehicle will be subjected to inspection before it is being load in order to gain shipping access. Some of the key aspects include:
- All of the antennas of the car should be removed or properly retracted.
- You will also have to remove all electrical devices or modifications such as CD players.
- You would also have to make sure that all doors and windows are closed and you are only allowed to place a spare tire, extra set of keys and a car jack.
- All other luggage should be removed because it is not allowed in while shipping.
Overseas transportation from the United States
There are also a lot of documents that need to be filled out and if you fail to complete the paperwork, you may not be able to ship on time. There are different custom regulations based on the port as well as duty rates that have to be covered when shipping to Bosnia. The main ports are Zenica, Tuzla, Mostar and Banja Luka.
Designated and required documentation
The following documentation is required in order to complete a successful shipment:
- Registration certificate.
- Ownership licenses.
- 21% daily rate which is due once the paperwork is properly verified.
It is also required that you are present at the time during which the inspection for granting shipping clearance is performed. The owners of used vehicles are exempt from the duty report provided they have driven the car for at least six months and can prove it.
Two shipping methods are available when it comes to shipping or exporting a vehicle to the country of Bosnia which are Roll on/Roll off as well as container shipping. You can choose an option after the clearance inspection is successful.
- Ro-Ro option is when your vehicle is driven on to the shipping deck where it is going to be stabilized in position. This method is generally the preferred one as it is the cheapest but it leaves the car fully exposed to different weather conditions.
- The second method is container shipping where you can rent a container of different sizes depending on your particular vehicle. You can store other items within the container provided there is enough space. If you want to cut costs, you can share containers with other people in order to spare some expenses. You will have to hire someone to put the car in the container and to fasten it up with the mechanisms.
Once the car has arrived in Sarajevo in Bosnia, there are different procedures that need to be undergone and also some taxes that would have to be paid to ensure the reliable entry into the country. You will have to:
- Pay the required taxes and additional duties.
- File an application for registration plates.
- Get the instructions about the driving rules in Bosnia.
There may be queries or questions which you can address to the Embassy of Bosnia before you start the shipping process.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org