Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Santo Domingo
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Santo Domingo is not only the capital and largest city in the Dominican Republic, but it is by population the largest city on the Caribbean. With a moderate annual climate it is one of the most desired places in the Dominican Republic to live. There is a monsoon season but it is relatively short and seldom severe. Santo Domingo is also the political center as well as the predominant business location of the entire country. For tourists and those who need to relocate to the beautiful city, there is a plethora of museums, parks and recreation for areas for individuals and families to enjoy. To best enjoy the scenery as well as to get to work or business meetings, you’re going to need your own personal vehicle. While there are buses and ample taxi services, those can become quite expensive when traveling daily throughout the city. Having your own vehicle shipped to you will save money as well as valuable time.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The first thing you need to do is contact a reputable auto transport company to handle your motor vehicle shipping and to give you the peace of mind in knowing that your car will soon be with you. You will basically need to provide some identifying paperwork such as driver’s license, social security card and your motor vehicle title to show that you own your car. You will also need to sign a Power of Attorney form giving the company permission to transport your automobile. The agent you will speak to will explain the details of how cars are shipped internationally and will be able to answer any questions you may have pertaining to laws for exporting from the United States and importing into the Dominican Republic. As they walk you through the shipping process they will also let you know the types of transport that yo9u can choose from to move your car. Those types are the following:
- RORO– RORO is also known as Roll-On Roll-Off or Open Transport and is the best way to ship a standard every day driving car or truck. Automobiles are driven onto the ship or the truck and then secured in place for the international journey. Once the vessel arrives in Santo Domingo, it is simply driven off the ship and then will be accessible to take through the customs checkpoint for clearance. RORO is the least expensive as well as the quickest way to relocate a vehicle overseas and is the method that is most preferred by people around the world.
- Enclosed Shipping– Enclosed, or container shipping, is the most ideal way to transport a luxury, classic, race car, or antique car. Automobiles are loaded inside of a secure container, many of which offer special padded walls for extra security during travel, and then the container is loaded onto the transport vessel for the international journey. Once it arrives in Santo Domingo you will have access to take it through the customs checkpoint for clearance.
Prior to the automobile scheduled pick-up day you will need to clean the car out inside as well as clean the exterior. A damage inspection will be performed at the time of pick-up and a clean car will make any signs of chipped or scratched pain or minor dents and dings be easily seen. Your agent will let you know of any details to preparation that will pertain to your individual automobile. Before the car is picked up, your agent will also give you a total quote and you’ll be able to take care of your shipping fees prior to transport.
When you’re making plans to have your car in Santo Domingo there are many things that you need to be aware of for customs regulations prior to shipping. One thing is that when the car is going through the customs clearance you must be physically present even if you will have the car delivered to your location after clearance. You also must own the automobile for at least one year prior to importation and will only be allowed to have one personal vehicle shipped into the city. If your car has a V8 engine you won’t be allowed to import it as the Dominican Republic only allows cars with 6 cylinders or less to be in the country. Also, the Dominican Republic will not allow luxury cars to be imported at all, so if your car falls into this category you may want to purchase a standard automobile before you plan on relocation to the city. You will be required to pay taxes and import duties on all motor vehicle imports, including motorcycles. You can check with the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Washington, DC for great information on import regulations and laws that you will need to be aware of for traveling in Santo Domingo. Some of the required paperwork that you will need will be the following:
- Driver’s License.
- Dominican Consular Invoice that has been stamped by the Dominican Consulate.
- Sales or Commercial Invoice.
- Motor Vehicle Title.
- Motor Vehicle Registration.
You need to ensure that you have all documentation required prior to the car reaching the entry port as lacking paperwork can delay or even cancel your automobile import. Your auto transport agent will be able to fill you in on any new information that may be added for customs checkpoint requirements as well as other information you may need to know about Santo Domingo prior to relocation.