Shipping A Car To Samoa
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Having a car shipped to Samoa from the U.S. usually costs $2,300 to $4,500 for a standard sized vehicle transported in a shipping container.
- Costs can fluctuate based on the requested delivery timeframe and any specialty services required during shipment.
Exporting a car to Samoa is feasible, but there are a few restrictions that you should be aware of. Samoa is an island country located in the Pacific Ocean. It is situated to the west of the American-Samoan Islands, and to the east of Australia. $1 USD is worth around 2.30 Samoan Talas (WST). All vehicles shipped to Samoa will dock at the port of Apia.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Expected Costs and Required Documents
Any vehicles shipped to Samoa must be equal to or less than 12 years old. In addition, right-hand drive vehicles are prohibited. When importing a vehicle to Samoa, you can expect to pay a value added goods and services tax (VAGST) of 15%. In addition, you will also pay customs fee that is calculated at a rate of 0-20% and some motor vehicles are subject to an excise tax.
We will take care of all the paperwork related to the importation process. However, you will need to provide detailed information regarding your vehicle and it is recommended that you have this information readily available.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Samoa
- Title and registration
- OBL (bill of lading)
- Detailed information regarding the vehicles year, model, make, and overall emissions
- Proof of purchase
- EPA form
- Bill of sale
- Registration or other proof of conformity
Our company offers many shipping methods. The roll on, roll off and container shipping methods tend to be the most popular and cost-effective shipping choices.
Roll on, Roll off
The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!