Shipping A Car To Samoa
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Having a car shipped to Samoa from the U.S. usually costs $2,300 to $4,500 for a standard-sized vehicle transported in a shipping container.
- Costs can fluctuate based on the requested delivery timeframe and any specialty services required during shipment.
Exporting a car to Samoa is feasible, but there are a few restrictions that you should be aware of. Samoa is an island country located in the Pacific Ocean. It is situated to the west of the American-Samoan Islands, and to the east of Australia. $1 USD is worth around 2.30 Samoan Talas (WST). All vehicles shipped to Samoa will dock at the port of Apia.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Expected Costs and Required Documents
Any vehicles shipped to Samoa must be equal to or less than 12 years old. In addition, right-hand drive vehicles are prohibited. When importing a vehicle to Samoa, you can expect to pay a value-added goods and services tax (VAGST) of 15%. In addition, you will also pay customs fee that is calculated at a rate of 0-20% and some motor vehicles are subject to an excise tax.
We will take care of all the paperwork related to the importation process. However, you will need to provide detailed information regarding your vehicle and it is recommended that you have this information readily available.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Samoa
- Title and registration
- OBL (bill of lading)
- Detailed information regarding the vehicle’s year, model, make, and overall emissions
- Proof of purchase
- EPA form
- Bill of sale
- Registration or other proof of conformity
Our company offers many shipping methods. The roll on, roll off and container shipping methods tend to be the most popular and cost-effective shipping choices.
Roll on, Roll off
The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?