Shipping A Car To Samoa
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Having a car shipped to Samoa from the U.S. usually costs $2,300 to $4,500 for a standard-sized vehicle transported in a shipping container.
- Costs can fluctuate based on the requested delivery timeframe and any specialty services required during shipment.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Samoa
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Samoa||$475||$2500||20+6|
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Samoa||$200||$2500||20+5|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Samoa||$550||$2500||20+6|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Samoa||$775||$2500||20+7|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Samoa||$1,025||$2500||20+7|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Samoa||$800||$2800||30+6|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Samoa||$925||$2800||30+7|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Samoa||$400||$2800||30+5|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Samoa||$700||$2800||30+6|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Samoa||$575||$2800||30+6|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting a car to Samoa is feasible, but there are a few restrictions that you should be aware of. Samoa is an island country located in the Pacific Ocean. It is situated to the west of the American-Samoan Islands, and to the east of Australia. $1 USD is worth around 2.30 Samoan Talas (WST). All vehicles shipped to Samoa will dock at the port of Apia.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Expected Costs and Required Documents
Any vehicles shipped to Samoa must be equal to or less than 12 years old. In addition, right-hand drive vehicles are prohibited. When importing a vehicle to Samoa, you can expect to pay a value-added goods and services tax (VAGST) of 15%. In addition, you will also pay customs fee that is calculated at a rate of 0-20% and some motor vehicles are subject to an excise tax.
We will take care of all the paperwork related to the importation process. However, you will need to provide detailed information regarding your vehicle and it is recommended that you have this information readily available.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Samoa
- Title and registration
- OBL (bill of lading)
- Detailed information regarding the vehicle's year, model, make, and overall emissions
- Proof of purchase
- EPA form
- Bill of sale
- Registration or other proof of conformity
Our company offers many shipping methods. The roll on, roll off and container shipping methods tend to be the most popular and cost-effective shipping choices.
Roll on, Roll off
The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Samoa
Transporting goods from the United States to Samoa can be done with the assistance of skilled and experienced overseas shipping specialists. Even if you are trying to have heavy equipment or oversized cargo delivered, we are certain our professionals at A1 Auto Transport can help. Within the three decades we have been established, we have shipped thousands upon thousands of different kinds of equipment and oversized cargo, including…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Construction Materials & Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
When you purchase national or international shipping services through us, expect to receive free partial insurance protection. As licensed transporters, we offer the state minimum of insurance coverage to each of our customers. Since this coverage doesn’t protect the entire value of your equipment or cargo, we do have additional insurance plans available at affordable prices.
Overseas Transport Methods for Heavy or Oversized Cargo and Equipment
Through A1, there are four different overseas transport methods available to customers. These shipping methods are all great, reliable and affordable services. However, you may not have all of these methods as options. Depending on the type of cargo you have, you may only have one or some of these options open to you for purchase. Our trained over the phone representatives will help you with your choices.
A Breakdown of Our International Transport Methods
- Container Transport: This is our enclosed form of transport that provides a bit more security due to the protection your cargo receives as it is shielded within a container for its travels.
- Flat Rack Transport: This is the most secure form of open air transport we offer. Your equipment or cargo is strapped to a large metal frame before it is carefully lifted over the side of the ship for placement.
- LoLo Shipping: This is an open air service otherwise known as the lift on/lift off method. This method is available to those shipping construction materials, inoperable equipment or vehicles, or crated cargo. A crane will lift your cargo onto the ship as well as off of the ship once it reaches port.
- RoRo Shipping: This open air shipping service is available to those with operable equipment and vehicles that can use a ramp to drive onto and off of the ship for its delivery overseas.
Related Information & FAQs
- How much does it cost to use a transport company to ship a car to Samoa?
- What will I be responsible for if I use professionals to ship my car from America to Samoa?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org