Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Pietermaritzburg
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Being founded all the way back in 1838, Pietermaritzburg is currently the second largest city in the KwaZulu-Nata province in South Africa.
The town is an important industrial center with its well-developed timber, aluminum and dairy products industry.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import Regulations in South Africa.
Abiding by strict lawful regulations is something that you’d have to consider and therefore hiring a professional agent like the A1 Auto Transport might be a good idea. When you hire the company, they’d ensure a hassle-free and fast shipping process without additional headaches. Some of the documents that you’d have to prepare include:
- Driver’s License.
- Title of vehicle.
- Insurance policy.
- Power of attorney if not present to pick up the car.
- Social Security Number.
The company is there for you to make sure that everything goes as it should. The company is going to consult you on filling out the paperwork, choosing a shipping method and basically whatever you need. We could also pick up the vehicle from your home and deliver it to your location at Pietermaritzburg but this is going to cost you an additional fee. In any case, if you want to get any further information, it’s advisable that you contact the U.S. Customs or you can call Embassy of South Africa.
When it comes to the import, there are some restrictions regarding your vehicle such as:
- Right-handed vehicles only.
- One car per family or per individual.
- Returning citizens are also subjected to taxes.
- Immigrants can’t sell the car for two years.
- Temporary residents have to present a temporary import permit and must pay taxes.
- The diplomats are exempt from taxes but they have to show diplomacy certification.
- The Import Permit is issues by the Embassy of South Africa so you have to take care of it prior to the process.
Furthermore, you are going to have to present the authorities in South Africa with the following documents when you ship your car:
- 304A and P1.160 Forms in three separate copies.
- Original Registration.
- Title of vehicle.
- Bill of Sale.
- Import Permit.
- Temporary License.
The main port in South Africa is Port Elizabeth. If you want to transport additional belongings with your car, you’re going to have to go with Container shipping. You have to get an estimate of the total price and a quote as well as other details before the process. In any case, the following are the available shipping methods to Port Elizabeth:
- Container Shipping would allow you to transport other valuable belongings along with your car. This is why it’s a bit more expensive but you get more value out of it.
- Roll-on/Roll-off Shipping would require you to drive the car on its wheels onto a shipping deck where it would be secured. It has to be completely empty and this is why it’s the cheapest way to go.