Ship Your Car To Or From Peru.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most car shipping costs from the United States to Peru fall in the range of$2,200 to $4,100.
- These estimates reflect a standard sized vehicle that is transported in a shipping container (some vehicles may not fit into a container, which costs slightly more to deliver).
Exporting a vehicle to Peru entails a procedure that should be thoroughly researched and prepared for well in advance of your trip, but armed with the right information and backed by a reputable auto shipping company such as A-1 Auto Transport it can alleviate stress and allow for a very painless process.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Peru.
- Unique Customs Declaration (available from the Peru Customs Agency).
- Vehicle Identification Number.
- Type-Approval Number.
- Registration Details.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance Policy (optional).
It is important to note the Peru restricts the import of vehicles older than 5 years old and with more than approximately 50,000 miles.
On average, you can expect to pay custom taxes of approximately 10% on all new vehicles, and for used vehicles, the custom taxes will cost upwards of 30%.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Peru Shipping Destinations:
The taxes are calculated based on the imported value of the vehicle, plus the shipping and insurance charges, also known as CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight).
- The vehicle must not be damaged or have been in a major accident.
- The vehicle must have been initially constructed with the steering wheel on the right side.
- The vehicle must pass emissions testing before being shipped.
While it may be tempting to drive the vehicle the distance from the US to Peru, it is simply not possible because there is no road connecting Columbia to Panama, so even if you choose to drive most of the way, the car must still be put on a boat at some point during the trip. The Darrien Gap has been crossed by foot for a select number of people, but it is EXTREMELY dangerous because of the presence of rebels. It is for this reason alone that a shipping company like A-1 Auto Transport is indispensable in this particular scenario.
Related Information & FAQs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?