Ship Your Car To Or From Peru
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most car shipping costs from the United States to Peru fall in the range of$2,200 to $4,100.
- These estimates reflect a standard sized vehicle that is transported in a shipping container (some vehicles may not fit into a container, which costs slightly more to deliver).
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Peru
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Paita||$350||$2,700||5+22|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Paita||$475||$2,700||6+22|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Paita||$550||$2,700||6+22|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Paita||$575||$3,000||6+18|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Paita||$700||$3,000||6+18|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Paita||$775||$2,700||7+22|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Paita||$1,025||$2,700||7+22|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Paita||$925||$3,000||7+18|
|Dallas, TX to (New York port) to Paita||$1,025||$3,000||7+18|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Paita||$800||$3,000||6+18|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Exporting a vehicle to Peru entails a procedure that should be thoroughly researched and prepared for well in advance of your trip, but armed with the right information and backed by a reputable auto shipping company such as A-1 Auto Transport it can alleviate stress and allow for a very painless process.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Peru
- Unique Customs Declaration (available from the Peru Customs Agency).
- Vehicle Identification Number.
- Type-Approval Number.
- Registration Details.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance Policy (optional).
It is important to note the Peru restricts the import of vehicles older than 5 years old and with more than approximately 50,000 miles.
On average, you can expect to pay custom taxes of approximately 10% on all new vehicles, and for used vehicles, the custom taxes will cost upwards of 30%.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Peru Shipping Destinations
The taxes are calculated based on the imported value of the vehicle, plus the shipping and insurance charges, also known as CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight).
- The vehicle must not be damaged or have been in a major accident.
- The vehicle must have been initially constructed with the steering wheel on the right side.
- The vehicle must pass emissions testing before being shipped.
While it may be tempting to drive the vehicle the distance from the US to Peru, it is simply not possible because there is no road connecting Columbia to Panama, so even if you choose to drive most of the way, the car must still be put on a boat at some point during the trip. The Darrien Gap has been crossed by foot for a select number of people, but it is EXTREMELY dangerous because of the presence of rebels. It is for this reason alone that a shipping company like A-1 Auto Transport is indispensable in this particular scenario.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Peru
Only those with exceptional training and experience should see through an overseas transport of heavy equipment or oversized cargo. It takes meticulous preparation, durable shipping equipment, a strong understanding of foreign import policies, modernized transport technologies, and more to guarantee a safe and sound transport of heavy equipment and oversized cargo to Peru.
Abiding by foreign import policies is perhaps the biggest obstacle you will face during the act of international shipping. You’ll need to gather all the right documents and proof such as proof of residency in the nation, your cargo’s initial invoice, and more. Fortunately, at A1 Auto Transport, we know we can help. Here are some types of cargo we can help you deliver to foreign lands…
- Mining equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, and more.
- Paving equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, motor graders, reclaimers, and more.
- Construction equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, cranes, rock breakers,concrete pumps, drillers, and more.
- Agricultural equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, balers, backhoes, spreaders, drills, mowers, skidders, and more.
Shipping Methods for Overseas Deliveries
The transport methods and shipping services available to you for your cargo’s transport to Peru depend on the type of heavy equipment or cargo it is you’re sending over. Our professionals will inform you of your options when you call in to receive a free quote but until then, here is some information concerning our overseas transport services...
- The Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo) is an open air transport uses a crane to pick up and place your cargo on top of the boat. This means of overseas delivery is often suggested to anyone with oversized cargo that’s been crated, construction equipment, or large inoperable vehicles.
- The Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo) method of open air transport is the most cost effective and affordable option. Your vehicle or equipment must be operable and able to use of a ramp to get on and off boat.
- The flat rack shipping method is another open air service that is useful for transporting large boats, pipes or machinery since they can be loaded from the top or the sides. Your cargo is then secured to a metal frame before it is placed on top of the ship.
- Container shipping is the most secure shipping option and offers the most protection from the inclement weather. For this reason, it usually is the most expensive option.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Shipping a car to Peru from the US through professionals is affordable and cost effective
- What should I know before shipping a car to Lima, Peru?
- Why shipping a car from the USA to Peru is best done with professionals?
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com