Lima is the main city and the capital of the country of Peru. It is located in the Chillion Valley between the Rimac and Lurin rivers and it is overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The city forms a large urban area which is commonly known as the Lima Metropolitan Area.
The import of a vehicle into the city requires a well-researched procedure which would demand you to be armed with the accurate and appropriate information. You should also be backed by a reliable shipping company such as the A-1 Auto Transport which is definitely going to reduce the effort in the process.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents you will need.
National Customs Superintendency of Peru requires that you will have to fill out a form of Unique Customs Declaration for which you are going to need:
- Identification number of the vehicle.
- Details of registration.
- Type-Approved Number.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance policy which is optional.
There are some additional requirements which would restrict import of cars older than 5 years and with more than 50,000 miles on them. You can expect to pay about 10% tax on new vehicles and up to 30% tax on older vehicles. The taxes are strictly dependent on the import value of the car as well as the shipping and insurance charges. There are other considerations such as:
- The car must not have been involved in a major accident or be damaged.
- The car must have a right sided steering wheel.
- The car must pass the emission tests prior to being shipped.
Even though it may seem like a good idea to actually drive from the USA to Peru, this is physically impossible because there isn’t a road which connects Panama and Columbia.. Thus, hire an experienced company such as A-1 Auto Transport that has over two decades of expertise in shipping vehicles to South America.
You must make sure to properly steam clean your vehicle prior to shipping it. This would make sure that it is not going to get quarantined and it would speed up the entire process. This is also important because the vehicle won’t be transported to a quarantine facility and a cleaning facility which is definitely going to take up a lot of time. These procedures are only going to slow you down so bypassing them is quite beneficial. You should also make sure to get rid of air-conditioning gases and to refer to the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations for further information.
Ro/Ro shipping method involves you driving the car onto the actual shipping deck using the wheels. The car is then fastened in order to prevent any possible complications. This is the most preferred method of transportation as it is the cheapest. It is the best way to transport vehicles with wheels. The vessels are specifically equipped with ramps that are going to aid you drive the car on the decks.
The other form of transportation is by a container which would allow you to place your vehicle inside it. The sizes vary, but the most common ones are 20 feet and 40 feet, which are spacious enough to hold a lot of goods. Using a container to ship your vehicle has a lot of merit because you can use the leftover space for other luggage and you can share the container with another person to reduce the cost. It is however, slightly more expensive.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?