- Car Shipping Norway
- Ship Your Car To Or From Norway
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Norway
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Norway
- Automobile Transportation Methods To Norway
- Upon Arrival In Norway
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Norway
- International Shipping Methods To Choose From Through A1
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Norway
Ship Your Car To Or From Norway
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the U.S., most cars can be shipped to Norway for $2,000 to $4,600.
- Prices are lowest for vehicles that are shipped from the East Coast in a shipping container, with costs escalating from there based on vehicle size and method of delivery.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Norway
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Bergen||$200||$3,800||5+37|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Oslo||$400||$2,300||5+21|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Fredrikstad||$450||$3,500||5+37|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Fredrikstad||$550||$3,500||6+37|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Oslo||$575||$2,300||6+21|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Oslo||$700||$2,300||6+21|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Bergen||$775||$3,800||7+37|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Oslo||$800||$2,300||6+21|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Oslo||$925||$2,300||7+21|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Bergen||$1,025||$3,800||7+37|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When exporting a vehicle to Norway, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Norway has a climate that fluctuates depending on your location. The coastal regions generally have a more mile climate, featuring mild winters and cooler summer months. Inland, however, the summers are quite warm while the winters are quite cold. This is due to the warmth of the Gulf Stream.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. It is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Norway, especially considering that the coastline, where your car will be transported, features a mild climate.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with such a cultured and rapidly growing country as Norway. It is often considered one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
Norway is benefitting from a steady supply of tourism, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country are strong and efficient.
Read more about Norway vehicle registration process.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Norway
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Title & Registration.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Bill of lading.
- Inventory list.
- Certificate of compliance.
- Norwegian ID number.
Visit the Norway Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Norway.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Norway
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels, or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Norway.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Norway. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Norway before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Norway. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Norway
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Norway.
- Driving in Norway: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Norway are as quickly as possible. The roads are well maintained, but extreme weather conditions may close some roads during the winters. Furthermore, many of Norway’s roads travel up, down, and through very steep and winding hills and mountains.
- Norway Driver’s License: Information regarding how to obtain a valid driver’s license in Norway can be found here. You will be permitted to drive in the country using your photo I.D.; however, it is advised that you apply for an International Driver’s License, as is required of Americans in many European and Asian countries.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Norway.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Norway
For nearly 30 years, A1 Auto Transport has been aiding their customers by internationally shipping their heavy equipment and oversized cargo, among other goods. The process of internationally delivering equipment requires careful attention to detail, an education in foreign import policies, and quick access to the best shipping technologies, haulers and equipment. Without the proper elements, your cargo may get denied entry into Norway or worse, it may end up damaged during its travels overseas. With the risks being far too high to attempt shipping such precious cargo to a foreign nation on your own, professional assistance and guidance is highly suggested.
Heavy equipment and oversized cargo tends to cost a little more to transport than typical household goods or private vehicles. Therefore, we have definitive directions we follow to see what category your cargo is suited for. For instance, if your large or heavy cargo is too large to fit inside of a 40ft shipping container, it is likely considered as oversized cargo. Nevertheless, there isn’t much we can’t deliver overseas for you. Whether it is farming, construction, industrial, engineering, hydraulic, mining, or paving equipment, we are almost certain we can have it delivered to Norway.
International Shipping Methods to Choose From through A1
The international shipping services and transport methods you are able to take advantage of are contingent on the type of cargo you need to ship to Norway. Through A1, there are four methods of shipping we can offer to our international heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipping customers. What we have to offer you includes…
- Flat Rack Shipping- Your heavy equipment or oversized cargo is tightly fastened to a metal frame then placed atop the ship carefully. Your equipment or cargo is kept safer from the possibility of shifting during its travels.
- Container Shipping- This is the most secure form of enclosed transport we have to offer which does raise its price a little. Your equipment will be safe from outside elements that could potentially harm your cargo during the transport.
- RoRo Shipping- This open air shipping service is the cheapest yet most favorable option. Only individuals with operable equipment or vehicles can use this service since it must be driven onto and off of the ship with the help of a ramp.
- LoLo Shipping- This method of open air transport lifts your crated equipment or inoperable vehicle onto and off of the vessel using a crane.