Napier is a seaport city that is located on the Hawke’s Bay on the eastern coast, approximately about 320 kilometers away from the capital of the country. It is also the largest wool center in the entire Southern Hemisphere and it’s also a primary seaport for the country. The shipping procedure is going to get greatly facilitated if you contact the NZTA – New Zealand Transport Agency.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In any case, if you intend on moving to the city of Napier, regardless of whether you are going to stay temporary or permanently or even if you are a returning citizen, having your own car is definitely advantageous. It is particularly important that you get the certificate by the NZTA-approved authority. This is going to ensure that your vehicle qualifies with all of the standards in the country. The inspection is going to be based on a range of things such as:
- Frontal impact standardization.
- Proficiently working odometer.
- Valid Carnet de Passages en Douane (Carnet).
The importer is entirely responsible for said certification before the car gets its registration. You can check with the NZTA for any further information. There is no applicable tariff on the imported vehicles so it’s cheaper in comparison.
When you import into the country you have to abide by the laws in New Zealand which stipulate that there is a GST based on the value of the vehicle and it can get as high as 15% if you are moving on a permanent basis. Some of the documents which are required include:
- Valid NZ Residence permit.
- Australian or NZ passport.
- Returning visa or a permit.
- Current NZ permit or visitor visa.
Once the car gets in the country, the Ministry of Primary Industry is going to inspect it and after that, the customs clearance is required. There are two particular ways to get your vehicle into the country and they include RORO as well as container shipping.
Container shipping – this entails that your vehicle is going to be safely stored in a shipping container where it’s going to get transported safely and protected from the elements. What is more, you can transport a whole lot of different belongings in a 20ft or 40ft container based on your premises.
Ro-Ro Shipping or Roll-On/Roll-Off shipping, as it is commonly referred to, requires you to drive the vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck which then goes on the freight ship. It’s faster and cheaper but it wouldn’t allow you to transport any other personal belongings.
Besides all that, you would also have to make sure to provide the following documents:
- The commercial invoice which has the date of purchase and the amount which is paid.
- Registration and bill of lading.
- Reading of the odometer.
- Invoice of insurance.
There are no applicable tariffs and while the cost of importing the car is less than transporting the vehicle to any other vehicle. Working with A1 Auto Transport makes sure that there are no delays and hassles for you when we are at work. If you need any further information you can contact the Embassy of New Zealand in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory