The largest city and the capital of Oman, Muscat is a multiethnic city. Geographically, it lies in the Gulf of Oman, along the Arabian Sea and that is why the economy is based on port, trade and petroleum industry. A hub of commercial and economic activities, it is the seat of the government and has rapidly progressed in the last decade. This has led to the growth of infrastructure and employment creation that draws people from all over the world to work and live here. And with that comes the need to have your own vehicle to travel for work and pleasure.
Though it seems daunting to export your vehicle from USA to Muscat in Oman, when you work with A1 Auto Transport service, your worries are put to rest. This is because we have been in the industry for over 20 years and have ample experience in shipping vehicles globally.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
With a strong network of shipping agents, we can help your vehicle clear customs and get it delivered wherever you need it in Muscat. It is important to note that as per the import rules the vehicles owned by foreigners are imported on a temporary and conditional basis. You can check the Embassy of Oman to know more about it. The requirements for that include:
- If the vehicle is secured by the international passage register, your vehicle is allowed to ply for 6 months.
- If it is not secured by the international passage register, the vehicle can be imported for a maximum of 3 months. It is extendable by another three months if the owner pays the custom duties and taxes.
- Clear title deed of the vehicle.
- Insurance documents and policy from Oman’s insurance company.
- Identity proof and Driving license of the owner.
However, it is important to note that foreign students studying in Muscat can have their persona vehicle imported on a temporary basis as long as they can get the International Passage Register. Though the import rules are stringent, Oman respects the diplomatic immunity enjoyed by ambassadors and representatives of different countries.
They can import the vehicles duty-free after the clearance has been given by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Other than that you will need to pay the requisite custom duties and taxes when the car arrives in Muscat. To get the details about the latest regulations and import laws, please contact the Oman Customs Department before shipping the vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?