Shipping A Car To Mozambique
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most shipping costs for vehicles going from the U.S. to Mozambique can be transported for $3,300 to $6,400.
- Larger vehicles such as SUVs and trucks may cost more to ship than standard sized cars which can fit inside of a shipping container.
Mozambique is a country in Southeast Africa that is bordered partially by the Indian Ocean. The country is largely based on agriculture and has many natural resources. Mozambique is also becoming known for its petroleum and aluminum production, as well as chemical manufacturing.
There are many reasons as to why a person might be going to Mozambique from the U.S. to reside or even stay a while. Often times, it is for study or employment. Regardless of why, consider having your vehicle shipped to the country so that you can leisurely travel throughout the country and its surroundings.
Mozambique’s Seaports and Popular Shipping Destinations
The country of Mozambique is home to five different seaports. These ports are all located along the coast of the Indian Ocean. Some are significantly larger than others, but regardless, they all make it easier to have a vehicle shipped to the country. Below, are the five seaports that exist in Mozambique.
These ports allow vehicle import. However, some of them may not accept RO/RO shipping, so make sure that you are able to find transportation to the correct port if the one closest to you doesn’t accept the method of shipment you selected for your vehicle. You must be present the day that your vehicle arrives to port. A port will not hold a vehicle for the owner to retrieve it.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mozambique
- Passport (original)
- Registration card (original)
- Purchase invoice (original)
- Import permit
- Inspection report
- Bill of lading
The Methods of Vehicle Shipment
There are technically three ways to have a vehicle exported to Mozambique. Only two of these methods are practical, considering that air shipping is very expensive and not affordable for many.
The RO/RO shipping method is the least costly option of shipment for a vehicle. The vehicle will be empty with a few exceptions and will be required to roll onto and off of the ship. This method is commonly chosen but not accepted at all seaports.
The container method of shipping is also a great option. This shipping method allows the owner of the vehicle to ship other belongings as well. The vehicle and the container can be packed with property allowed by Mozambique Customs. The container can be shared with someone and that will help to lessen the cost.
Be sure that you contact the Embassy of Mozambique before you try to have a vehicle shipped. You will have to make sure that you are complying with the vehicle shipment requirements set for the country. The embassy will inform you of all current regulations and required documentation.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!