Shipping A Car To Mongolia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Mongolia generally will cost between $4,000 and $7,000 from the United States.
- Because it’s not an easily accessible country and is rather remote, to begin with, it is more expensive to ship a car to Mongolia than it is to many other countries around the world.
As Mongolia is a landlocked country, shipping a vehicle to the country requires a few extra steps to the process. In most cases when you need to ship their automobile to another country, they do so by sea. You have two choices when dealing with ocean carriers and can pay for the roll on roll service which involves driving the vehicle onto the ship, securing it in place, and transporting it this way. Usually, with this method, no other belongings can be shipped with it. The other method of transportation would be through container shipment.
This involves loading the vehicle into a secured container, along with any other belongings that you wish to go with your car, and shipping it to Mongolia this way. Because Mongolia is a landlocked country the shipment is going to have to arrive at one of the designated ports, be loaded onto a truck or flatbed and continue its journey to Mongolia from there.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Transportation from ports in China
In most cases, the automobile is shipped to one of two ports in China: Tianjin or Qingdao. From one of these ports, the shipment will then be moved, via trucking, to Mongolia. The cargo will be delivered to a designated port inland and then it will be left to the responsibility of the consignee to handle arrangements for final delivery. There are basic documents that will be required for this process to run smoothly.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mongolia
- Bill of Sale
- List of inventory (vehicle features list)
- Proof that you have owned the car for at least 6 months
- Ocean bill of lading
Requirements for exporting car to Mongolia
These papers are used to determine that the car is legally your responsibility and that you have the legal right to transport it where you want. It is necessary to show proof of the value of the car and any other items that you are shipping with it (this is for insurance purposes and tax reasons). As per the shipping requirements, delivery needs to be as per the Ocean Bill of Lading at the ports.
Taxes and duties will be determined based on the resident status of the individual who is shipping the automobile. Due to Mongolia being a land-locked country you will also need to procure authorization to transport your vehicle by land across the Chinese border to Mongolia.
Expect to be stopped at multiple checkpoints. There will also likely be separate fees for the inland transportation. When shipping an automobile from another country you will have two points of contact: China and Mongolia. Because shipping regulations are always changing be sure to contact the local consulates to determine exactly what you need to do to legally and securely ship your automobile to Mongolia.
Shipping an automobile from one place to another can be time-consuming and will involve a lot of paperwork and red tape. Start the process as soon as you know you are moving, especially if it is a foreign country. This will help things run more smoothly and will save you both some time and stress in completing the process. As long as you have all of the necessary paperwork filed and the documents presented you will have no problem getting your automobile from point A to Mongolia.
Related Information & FAQs
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Mongolia?
- Know about shipping your car to Mongolia through professionals before you pay for services
- Hire an overseas transport company with a great reputation to quickly ship your car to Mongolia
- How easy is it to find shipping services to get a car to Mongolia?
- You can use open air services to ship a car to a seaport near Mongolia
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?