Located on the panoramic banks of the Rivers Nyamiha and Svislach, Minsk is the largest city and capital of Belarus. Additionally, it is the administrative headquarters of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). If you are moving there due to work or returning to your home country on a short term or a long term basis, it makes sense to have a personal vehicle shipped to Minsk, even though the public transport is fairly good.
However, shipping from U.S to Belarus might seem cumbersome but it is not as difficult as it sounds. Although it brings concerns pertaining to fees and duties that you will need to pay, having an experiences hipping service work with you makes is plausible. A1 Auto Transport service is well-versed with all aspects of helping clear customs and ensures safe deliveries on all vehicle shipping requirements.
Shipping to Minsk
As Belarus is a landlocked country, the vehicle will be shipped to a port in Latvia, Poland or Lithuania. Then it will be transported by land to Minsk. It is important that the owner is at the port to receive it. If you are unable to be there, you can authorize the Power of Attorney to A1 Auto Transport service and one of our representatives will be there on your behalf. There are different methods of shipping to Minsk and most people prefer sending their vehicles through:
- RORO: The car or vehicle is stripped of all personal belongings and as per the freight shipping rules only the spare tire, extra set of keys, floor mats are allowed. The vehicle is driven on the ship, harnessed on the deck for safe transit and driven off at the port.
- Enclosed container shipping: This is more personalized 20 feet or 40 feet container that allows you to pack your vehicle and household goods into the container for shipping to Minsk. However, this is more expensive and you can talk with one of our business representatives to get a free quote.
Shipping to Minsk requires adhering to the U.S. Code of Federal Regulation and State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus clearance. They require verification of the documents at the domestic U.S port and at the time of delivery in Minsk. Some of the paperwork that has to be shown at least 3 days before shipping the vehicle includes:
- Title deed of the vehicle
- Passport of the owner
- Vehicle insurance certification
- Documents pertaining to any damage to the vehicle
- Purchase voucher of new cars
- If there is a lien on the vehicle, notarized documents from the lender approving of the transportation is needed
- Bill of Lading (at Minsk)
Additionally, after receiving your vehicle is Minsk, you will need to apply for temporary registration of the vehicle, get the local insurance and adhere to other transport rules and regulations. After that you will be eligible to drive in the city. To know more about the shipping regulations on import of vehicle browse more about it at Embassy of Republic of Belarus.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?