Luanda is the major urban, cultural, and industrial centre as well as the primary port. It is the largest and the capital city of Angola besides being an important and the most populous city.
Located on the coast of Atlantic Ocean, it is the administrative center of Angola as well as the chief seaport. Lobito is the other major seaport of the country and you will need to follow strict rules and regulations when importing your vehicles via these ports.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
For shipping used car, the vehicles have to undergo pre-shipment inspection as per the regulations here. Following this, you will get an inspection certificate required for shipping. The document submission requirements include:
- Ownership proof, driving license/passport.
- Shipping conditions and terms.
- Car details like engine number, chassis number, vin number, and manufacturing year.
- Lading bill.
- Insurance certificate,.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Importer allocated pin number.
Besides the documentation requirements associated with Angolan port, vehicle owners also need to consider regulations at US port. There you will need to show,
- Vehicle sales bill proving ownership.
- Vehicle title.
- Pre-authorization documents in case of lien.
- USA customs notification before shipment.
- Port payment of fee.
Along with this, the vehicle owners have to pay charges for port handling at both destination and departure ports. International shipping agencies will be able to estimate the charges accurately. Angolan Customs is associated with any one of the two ports namely Luanda or Lobito. Those looking for precise information regarding vehicle shipment should contact Angolan Embassy in USA.
There are strong trading relationships present between Angola and USA. Thus, amicable relationships do exist that one needs to get on with thorough detailing much before the actual shipping date. This way, one may avoid unnecessary hang-ups with waste of time in vehicle reclaiming as it remains at the port. Shipping agencies will transport your vehicle in two phases namely,
- Door to Port Transfer.
- RORO/Container Transfer.
Door to Port is the part where the shipping company will pick the car from your home to deliver it at the US port, from where the shipment will commence. Either the shipping agency is going to do it or you may arrange the delivery of the vehicle to the port yourself.
For the international phase of vehicle transfer, Roll on Roll off procedure is one of the commonest ways to import or ship to the chosen destination. During travel, your car will remain secured on the ship deck and you only pay for the space it occupies during the journey. There are a few limitations that the vehicle has to be shipped empty and has to be devoid of any personal items. The air conditioning gas has to be removed. Container method an expensive option, where the vehicle travels in containers of 20 feet or 40 feet based upon the size you choose. You are allowed to ship your household and personal goods alongside. Call in the Embassy of Angola today or talk with A1 Auto Transport service for the details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory