Shipping A Car To Lithuania From The United States
Shipping A Car To Lithuania
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Lithuania from the U.S. usually costs between $2,900 and $5,000, though it can be more depending on the time of year, vehicle, and how it’s shipped.
- For most shipments to the area from the U.S., it’s cheapest to put the car into a shipping container before having it transported by boat.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Lithuania
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Klaipeda||$200||$3,800||5+29|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Klaipeda||$400||$2,300||5+23|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Klaipeda||$475||$3,800||6+29|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Klaipeda||$550||$3,800||6+29|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Klaipeda||$550||$2,300||5+23|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Klaipeda||$575||$2,300||6+23|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Klaipeda||$675||$2,300||6+23|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Klaipeda||$775||$3,800||7+29|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Klaipeda||$800||$2,300||6+23|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Klaipeda||$1,025||$3,800||7+29|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When transporting a vehicle to Lithuania, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Lithuania has a climate that can best be described as maritime and continental. The summers are cool and quite rainy, while the winters are very cold (often below freezing). Rainfall and cloudy skies are common in Lithuania. This is true more so along the coast than inland. Keep in mind that rainy weather may impact the port at which your car will be shipped to.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. Despite the heavy rainfall, it is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Lithuania. It may be beneficial to keep in mind that since summer is often the wettest season in Lithuania, it would be best to travel in early spring or early fall when there is a greater chance of dry weather without the temperatures dropping below freezing.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with such a cultured and developed country as Lithuania.
Lithuania is benefitting from a steady increase of tourism and imported goods, thanks in large part to their recent independence from the USSR, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country have strengthened and become more efficient in recent years.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Necessary Steps To Take Before Exporting Your Car
In preparing to ship a vehicle to Lithuania, certain paperwork must be taken care of.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Lithuania
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Bill of lading.
Visit the Lithuania Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Lithuania.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Lithuania.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Lithuania
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Lithuania.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Lithuania. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Lithuania before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Lithuania. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Lithuania
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Lithuania.
- Driving in Lithuania: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Lithuania are as quickly as possible.
- Lithuania Driver’s License: Information regarding how to obtain a valid driver’s license in Lithuania can be found here.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Lithuania.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Lithuania
Whenever you’re in need of superior overseas shipping services for heavy equipment or oversized cargo, pick up the phone and call A1 Auto Transport. With our knowledge of foreign import laws and access to the right equipment and tools for transporting overseas, we’re able to ship essentially any type of large equipment from the United States to Lithuania.
We can guarantee that your cargo arrives in Lithuania safe and sound. As stated above, we can ship basically any type of oversized equipment including but not limited to…
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Pontoon Boats and Yachts
Our professionals at A1 will decide whether or not your cargo fits into the restrictions and standards held for heavy equipment and oversized cargo which may also cause for a bit of an upcharge. If we decide that your cargo is categorized as heavy equipment or oversized cargo, there are several transport methods we have available depending on its size, shape and weight.
Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transport Methods through A1
At A1 we have a total of four international shipping services available to those wishing to deliver heavy equipment or oversized cargo outside of the United States. Dependent on the specifications of your cargo, you will have one or more of these shipping methods open to you. To give you some further insight on each of our transport methods, below is a list of all that we have available.
- RoRo Shipping (Roll On/ Roll Off)- this open air method is the cheapest and easiest way to ship oversized cargo overseas. Not all seaports accept this type of transport but we will find the nearest port to deliver to if we must. From there we will use ground transportation methods to finish the delivery.
- LoLo Shipping (Lift On/Lift Off)- this open air method of transport is recommended to those with non-functioning equipment or crated cargo and it includes the use of a crane to lift your cargo onto and off of the ship securely.
- Flat Rack- this shipping method secures your heavy cargo to a metal frame for its open air delivery.
- Container Transport- This supremely protective enclosed shipping service is only an option for those shipping heavy equipment that can fit into a 40ft shipping container.