Lagos, the capital of Nigeria is a modern city. As the financial and commercial centre of Nigeria, the condition of the roads here has improved through the years. While the country is still grappling with political and religious tensions the demands for vehicle imports is increasing. One reason may be overreliance on public transport especially the waterways and the railways. This does not give people the moving and commuting flexibility they require. So here owning a private vehicle no longer remains a luxury or a status symbol but instead it is quite essential to have a vehicle for commuting quickly. Whether you have come to Nigeria on an extended visit or plan to be a permanent resident here, importing your own vehicle should become a priority.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What does importing cars entails in Lagos?
In spite of the bulk of documentation required during the import process, it is overall quite easy and hassle free. Your vehicle will enter the country at the port here. When you involve the services of an established international auto transport company like our A1 Auto Transport Services, we will take care of all the finer points so that you do not need to worry about it. Since we have the experience of successfully imported numerous vehicles to Nigeria, we know what is involved. You can be sure that we will get the customs cleared in time for delivery of the vehicle at your doorstep.
The documents that you will need to provide include:
- Car title, insurance documents.
- Passport/ownership proof.
- Lading bill.
- No loans on the car.
- Emission checks, certificate for roadworthiness.
- Chassis number, manufacturer, model details.
However, it is important that your vehicle is less than eight years old; otherwise, the Nigeria Customs Service laws prevent its import.
Shipping and vehicle delivery to Lagos.
Once you have paid the customs duty at the US port and at Lagos, your vehicle might be tested for emissions here. For safe shipping, we offer two different methods for shipping your vehicles:
- Enclosed 20 feet-40 feet containers: Make your choice and here you can include various car accessories and even household goods in the container for transport. This makes it a full value for money proposition.
- Roll on/off method: Your car will be driven over ramps ono the ship and harnessed for safety. When it reaches Lagos, it will be driven down and after you clear the paperwork and pay the duties, it will be handed over to you.
If you need to know more about shipping personal vehicles to Lagos or for custom duty details, please explore Embassy of Nigeria.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?