The most populous city and capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is one of the fastest growing cities in Asia. It is the financial, cultural and economic center apart from being the hub of commerce and trade. There has been a steady influx of foreigners and expatriates from the West for employment and trade in the recent years. With steady increase in the tourism and work opportunities, more people have come to Malaysia on a temporary or permanent basis, and require a personal vehicle.
If you are exporting a vehicle to Kuala Lumpur, you will need to pay the custom duties, complete the documentation and formalities before the car or vehicle is handed over. Additionally, it is essential to know about the weather conditions there. The tropical climate is suitable for shipping all through the year but in the rainy months as the climate is prone to hurricanes and cyclones. This can delay the deliveries. Thus, it is best to know the climate and weather patterns before shipping your vehicle. With new regulations that have made import easier, shipping to Kuala Lumpur has become convenient.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps before importing vehicle.
There are certain essential documents, without which the transportation would not be possible. These documents are needed at the domestic US port and then at the Kuala Lumpur port:
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
- Vehicle purchase bills.
- Clear vehicle title.
- Registration certificate of the vehicle from country of origin.
- Owner’s passport.
- Resident or work permit.
- Vehicle insurance documents.
It is important to prepare in advance to pay the fees of VAT and customs as banks stay closed on weekends. To get more details on the import of vehicles to Kuala Lumpur, you might need to connect with the Malaysia Customs.
It will help you get more information on the restrictions that you need to take care of. However, when you work with experienced and trustworthy international shipping transporters like A1 Auto Transport service, these aspects are considered by us. When your vehicle arrives in Malaysia, you will need to apply for the International license, local registration and insurance before you can drive the vehicle around.
Things to consider.
You will need to prep your car before it is transported. You will need to remove the air conditioning gas, personal items and ensure that only an extra set of keys, spare tire and jack is in it. If you are planning to use the RORO method, to ensure quick delivery and no quarantine period, then you will need to get the car steam-cleaned. A1 Auto Transport service will not have to move it from quarantine to cleaning facility before shipping it. You will need to check with the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, for the eligibility of shipping vehicles. You will need to drop off the vehicle with the shipping service or at the U.S port before it can be shipped. However, there are two common methods of shipping, namely:
- RORO: Most customers choose this method as it is more affordable. The cars or vehicles are driven on the ships using ramps and secured for the transit. At the destination port, the cars are driven off.
- Container shipping: You can put your car in a shipping container along with other items and it is then secured and sealed for transit. Usually these are 20 feet or 40 feet in size and though it is slightly more expensive, but it is worth it.
To get more information about the import of vehicles in Kuala Lumpur, please contact the Embassy of Malaysia in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?