Kigali is the capital of Rwanda and the country’s largest city. It is located near the geographic center of the region and it is the economic as well as cultural and transport hub of the country since the independence in 1962. Ever since the year 2010, the country of Rwanda is using an integrated vehicle registration system along with other East African Countries which allows people to take advantage of a simplified registration procedure which is all and the same for everyone. There is an exemption on the import duty for residents of Rwanda who are returning to the country. NGOs as well as government aid workers and diplomats can also take advantage of duty exemptions.
There is no age limit of the vehicles which are brought into the country but they must be with a left-sided steering wheel and this is mandatory. Interestingly enough, the cars which are most common in the country are Toyotas and there are plenty of spare parts for them in case you need a repair. You can find car parts for other brands as well but they might be delivered from somewhere else in case you need servicing in the country.
The roads of the country are rather rough compared to U.S. and European standards. Some of them are paved but most of them are made out of dirt and unpaved. This is why it’s recommended to use a four wheel drive. To know more about driving in Rwanda, you will need to connect with an experienced shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes and documents.
What follows is information on the taxes to pay and the documents to submit such that you can get your car imported into Rwanda.
- Lading bill and an invoice of purchase.
- Origin Certificate.
- Registration and Title proof.
- Driver’s license and international insurance policy.
- Visa or a passport.
For any further questions and visa categories it is preferable to contact the Embassy of Rwanda. You should be aware that UK and USA citizens don’t need visas but they need a certificate stating that they are not suffering from Yellow Fever.
The taxes are as follows:
- Customs duty – 24%
- Withholding tax – 5%
- Tax of consumption – it may vary depending on the vehicle.
- Customs duty – 24%
- VAT – 18%
Container Car shipping is a popular means of transportation because it is incredibly convenient in case you want to deliver other personal property and goods with the car. This is possible because you can use what’s left over from the container to store other personal belongings and there is no limitation. Of course, this also means that the price is slightly more expensive, but it is definitely worth it. You can share it with another person and you can choose from 20ft and 40ft container sizes.
Roll On/Roll Off shipping entails the placing of a car onto a shipping deck on to its actual wheels. The car is driven on the ship and then driven off it once it arrives at the destination. This is the most preferable way of transportation because it is the cheapest.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory