Ship Your Car To Or From Kenya
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Vehicle transport costs to Kenya from the United States start at $4,000 and go up to $7,200.
- Many factors can affect the total cost, including the type of vehicle, availability of transport carriers, and current fuel costs.
Shipping a personal vehicle to Kenya is a bright idea if permanent residency or an extended stay is in the works. Kenya has an extensive roadway network. Roads are paved and unpaved, but one can get to anywhere they need to go with a personal vehicle.
There are many different types of roads in Kenya. It is imperative to know the difference while traveling the country. Here are some of the roads that will be present:
- National Trunk Roads
- International Trunk Roads
- Primary Roads
- Secondary Roads
- Minor Roads
- Special Purpose Roads
- Unclassified Roads
Knowledge of these roads will help a foreigner travel easier. Kenya can be tricky to navigate if coming there from the U.S. or another country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kenya
- Title and Registration
- Proof of Purchase
- License/Picture ID and Passport
- Invoice for Duties Paid
- Proof of Insurance
- Proof of Residency in Kenya
- Work permit
- PIN certificate
- Declaration form
- Certificate of conformity
Make sure that the vehicle’s owner is present on the day of the vehicle’s due arrival. The vehicle may be shipped to one of three ports located on the border of Kenya, the Port of Lamu, Port of Malindi, or the Port of Mombasa.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment to Kenya
RO/RO shipping and container shipping are practical and simple ways of shipping a vehicle internationally. While both vary greatly, they are the easiest and sometimes the only way to ship a vehicle to another country such as Kenya.
- RO/RO shipping isn’t excepted at all ports, but it is the least expensive way to ship an automobile of any kind. It requires that the vehicle remains empty, except for a car jack, spare tire, and floor mats. The vehicle must also be able to drive onto and off of the ship.
- Container shipping is a little pricier but can be split with another individual if sharing the container chosen. There are several container sizes to choose from depending on how much is being shipped with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with property as well as the remaining space in the container. Just make sure that there property being shipped with the vehicle is acceptable by Kenya Customs.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory