Ship Your Car To Or From Kenya
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Vehicle transport costs to Kenya from the United States start at $4,000 and go up to $7,200.
- Many factors can affect the total cost, including the type of vehicle, availability of transport carriers, and current fuel costs.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Kenya
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Mombasa||$200||$3,400||5+48|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Mombasa||$400||$5,700||5+34|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Mombasa||$450||$3,400||5+48|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Mombasa||$550||$3,400||6+48|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Mombasa||$550||$5,700||5+34|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Mombasa||$575||$5,700||6+34|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Mombasa||$675||$5,700||6+34|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Mombasa||$700||$5,700||6+34|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Mombasa||$775||$3,400||7+48|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Mombasa||$1,025||$3,400||7+48|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping a personal vehicle to Kenya is a bright idea if permanent residency or an extended stay is in the works. Kenya has an extensive roadway network. Roads are paved and unpaved, but one can get to anywhere they need to go with a personal vehicle.
There are many different types of roads in Kenya. It is imperative to know the difference while traveling the country. Here are some of the roads that will be present:
- National Trunk Roads
- International Trunk Roads
- Primary Roads
- Secondary Roads
- Minor Roads
- Special Purpose Roads
- Unclassified Roads
Knowledge of these roads will help a foreigner travel easier. Kenya can be tricky to navigate if coming there from the U.S. or another country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kenya
- Title and Registration
- Proof of Purchase
- License/Picture ID and Passport
- Invoice for Duties Paid
- Proof of Insurance
- Proof of Residency in Kenya
- Work permit
- PIN certificate
- Declaration form
- Certificate of conformity
Make sure that the vehicle's owner is present on the day of the vehicle's due arrival. The vehicle may be shipped to one of three ports located on the border of Kenya, the Port of Lamu, Port of Malindi, or the Port of Mombasa.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment to Kenya
RO/RO shipping and container shipping are practical and simple ways of shipping a vehicle internationally. While both vary greatly, they are the easiest and sometimes the only way to ship a vehicle to another country such as Kenya.
- RO/RO shipping isn't excepted at all ports, but it is the least expensive way to ship an automobile of any kind. It requires that the vehicle remains empty, except for a car jack, spare tire, and floor mats. The vehicle must also be able to drive onto and off of the ship.
- Container shipping is a little pricier but can be split with another individual if sharing the container chosen. There are several container sizes to choose from depending on how much is being shipped with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with property as well as the remaining space in the container. Just make sure that there property being shipped with the vehicle is acceptable by Kenya Customs.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Kenya
Call upon the help of professional transporters with international shipping experience and a great reputation to deliver your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Kenya. For instance, at A1 Auto Transport, we have access to all the best, highest quality tools and equipment as well as the latest in shipping technologies. With our history of networking and decades of experience in the shipping industry, we know we can ship nearly any type cargo. We even offer insurance coverage to every one of our customers to provide them with more comfort during the process.
There are all types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo. From mining equipment to industrial equipment, we’ve delivered it all. Here are some examples of machinery, equipment and oversized cargo that we can deliver to Kenya for you...
- Pontoon Boats
- Agricultural Equipment
- Log Loaders
- Pneumatic Rollers
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Asphalt Pavers
- Boom Lifts
- Crawler Loaders
- Farm Equipment
- Heavy Trucks
- Industrial Plant Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Trenchers and more…
It takes careful planning to deliver cargo to another country. Luckily, our representatives are capable of dealing with foreign import policies and helping you to gather the proper proof. Some of the documents you’ll need to provide to Customs include your vehicle or equipment’s title and registration, proof of purchase, your license/picture ID and passport, invoice for duties paid, proof of insurance, proof of residency in Kenya, and more.
International Transport Methods You Have to Choose From
The transport methods and shipping services you are able to take advantage of will depend on what type of cargo you need to ship to Kenya. There are typically four methods of transport offered to our international transport customers. What we have to offer in shipping services includes…
- Flat Rack Shipping- open air service that provides safeguarding by using a metal frame to protect the cargo.
- Container Shipping- an enclosed transport method that provides the ultimate security from outside elements.
- RoRo Shipping- the cheapest open air method offered to those with motorized equipment and vehicles.
- LoLo Shipping- an open air service that used a crane to lift inoperable vehicles and crated equipment onto the ship.
Related Information & FAQs
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇰🇪 Kenya, (KE)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇰🇪 Kenya, (KE)
🇰🇪 Kenya, (KE)
🇰🇪 Kenya, (KE)