- Car Shipping Iraq
- Ship Your Car To Or From Iraq
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Iraq
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Methods Of Shipping An Automobile From The U.s To Iraq
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Iraq
- Methods Of Shipping An Automobile
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Iraq
- Common Ways To Safely Ship Heavy Equipment And Oversized Cargo To Another Country
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Iraq
Ship Your Car To Or From Iraq
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most companies charge $3,100 to $5,900 to ship a car to Iraq from the United States.
- Larger vehicles that won’t fit into a shipping container will cost more, as will shipments originating on the West Coast.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Iraq
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Umm Qasar||$200||$4,800||5+56|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Umm Qasar||$350||$4,800||5+56|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Umm Qasar||$400||$2,100||5+36|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Umm Qasar||$450||$4,800||5+56|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Umm Qasar||$550||$4,800||6+56|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Umm Qasar||$550||$2,100||5+36|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Umm Qasar||$575||$2,100||6+36|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Umm Qasar||$800||$2,100||6+36|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Umm Qasar||$925||$2,100||7+36|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Umm Qasar||$1,025||$4,800||7+56|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
The Republic of Iraq is a country located in Western Asia. It is bordered by Kuwait, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Syria. It is also partially bordered by the Persian Gulf, where several ports are located.
Many Americans still spend significant time in Iraq for journalism and other professional reasons, despite the dangers. You might want to think about shipping a car overseas if this describes your current situation. With so many roads to choose from, having a car for transportation is highly recommended over relying on public transportation.
The roadways in Iraq consist of mainlypaved roads. It is easy to reach all parts of the country as well as its surrounding regions. The freedom of traveling with a personal vehicle will be helpful.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Methods of Shipping an Automobile from the U.S. to Iraq
Shipping a vehicle to Iraq from the United States might be daunting, but that doesn't make it impossible. With a reliable shipping company and the right method of shipping, it will be rather simple. Just be sure that all of the proper documentation is gathered and that the Embassy of Iraq has been contacted in regards to the requirements and tariffs that will need to be paid.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Iraq
- Proof of Vehicle's Purchase.
- Proof of Ownership.
- Title and Registration.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Invoice for Duties Paid.
- License, Picture ID and Passport.
- Bill of lading.
- Proforma invoice.
There could quite possibly be other documentation needed for vehicle shipment. By contacting Iraq Customs, one can find out exactly what needs to be done and what is required prior to the vehicle's shipment.
Methods of Shipping an Automobile
Shipping a personal vehicle can be done by air shipping, RO/RO shipping or container shipping. Any of these methods are feasible but not many can afford the high cost of air shipping. It is almost impractical for many.
- RO/RO shipping is the cheapest of all the methods. The vehicle must be empty at the time of shipping. It must also be able to drive onto and off of the ship. RO/RO shipping is not accepted by all ports.
- Container shipping allows a person to ship other belongings allowed by Iraq Customs. The vehicle and the remaining space in the container can be packed with property needing to be shipped over. The container comes in various sizes and can be shared with other individuals. The cost can be split between the people sharing the container.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Iraq
There are several facets to the process of shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas that need direct attention if your cargo is to be delivered safely. At A1 Auto Transport we offer an assortment of options to make sure that your cargo is delivered successfully in Iraq no matter what type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you’re shipping. Our transport solutions address a wide range of shipping needs and we are confident that we have an avenue for you. From tractors to asphalt pavers, farm equipment to construction equipment, large trucks and heavy vehicles, no delivery is too big for us.
A1 Auto Transport will guide you through the obstacles of shipping heavy equipment and/or oversized cargo overseas. Fulfilling the import laws and providing proof to Customs is just one of the hassles we will be there to help you with. Every country has different import laws and the process can get quite overwhelming, but our professionals have the knowledge and experience necessary to make the process of importation easier.
Common Ways to Safely Ship Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo to Another Country
With A1 Auto Transport, we have a total of four overseas transport methods available. Depending on your cargo, only some of these shipping methods may be available to you. Below are some of the more common methods in transporting heavy cargo overseas.
- The Lift On/Lift Off method of transport requires the use of a crane to pick up and place your cargo on the boat. This shipping service is suggested for oversized cargo that’s been crated or for large inoperable vehicles.
- The Roll On/Roll Off method of transport is an open air service and the most cost effective option. This requires your vehicle to be operable and to use of a ramp to get on and off the cargo ship.
- The Flat Rack shipping is particularly useful for transporting large boats, pipes or machinery since they can be loaded from the top or the sides of the ship. Your cargo is secured to a large metal frame and subsequently placed on top of the cargo ship.
- Container shipping is the absolute safest shipping option and offers the most protection from the poor weather conditions. If your cargo is able to fit inside a 40ft shipping container then you may be eligible for this option.