- Car Shipping Indonesia
- Shipping A Car To Indonesia
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Indonesia
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Importing A Car
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Indonesia
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Indonesia
- Shipping Options For Overseas Heavy And Oversized Cargo Transports
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Indonesia
Shipping a car to Indonesia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The costs vary somewhat widely for shipping a car to Indonesia from the U.S.; generally in the range of $1,900 to $5,700.
- Shipping a car in a container is the most affordable route, with the majority of transport options coming from the West Coast.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Indonesia
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Jakarta||$350||$2,100||5+29|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Jakarta||$475||$2,100||6+29|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Jakarta||$1,075||$2,600||7+46|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Jakarta||$575||$2,600||6+46|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Jakarta||$675||$2,600||6+46|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Jakarta||$775||$2,100||7+29|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Jakarta||$800||$2,600||6+46|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Jakarta||$925||$2,600||7+46|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Jakarta||$550||$2,100||6+29|
|Houston, TX to (California port) to Jakarta||$1,125||$2,100||8+29|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Indonesia is a country made up of over 13,000 islands located between Southeast Asia and Australia. It has the fourth-largest population in the world and the tropical climate supports a very diverse collection of plants and animals. The capital is Jakarta and the currency is the Indonesian rupiah, also called the IDR.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Importing a Car
Although it is possible to import a car to Indonesia, there are many restrictions and it is extremely expensive. Officially, no one is permitted to import a used car into the country, but an exception may be made for people who are on an extended diplomatic mission. New cars can be export to Indonesia, but the government levies a 300% duty on the value of the vehicle. Whether or not you can get your car into Indonesia may depend on how much your car means to you and who you know. Give us a call 1-800-518-8708 and we’ll help you through the process.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Indonesia
- Title & Registration - must be originals.
- Bill of lading (either ocean or air)
- Packing list.
- Copy of passport.
- Work permit.
- Form PP-8 (for diplomats)
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Indonesia.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Indonesia
Shipping bulky items or heavy machinery across international borders is a complex process. You will need not only the best and latest in shipping gear, transporters and technology but also familiarity with international import regulations. For instance, in order to import goods into Indonesia you will need to follow the country's import laws and give the required documentation to Customs.
Give A1 Auto Transport a call to receive a free quote and schedule your cargo’s delivery to Indonesia. We have the ability to ship all types of oversized cargo, heavy machinery, equipment and vehicles. Below you can see some of the various types of cargo that we’ve shipped in the past...
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Hydraulic equipment
- Mining equipment
- Pile drivers
- Asphalt pavers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles (EX: RVs)
- Engineering equipment
We add on free insurance coverage to all of our shipping customers’ deliveries regardless of what type of cargo they’re shipping or where it must be delivered. Nevertheless, our insurance only protects a portion of your cargo’s value as in line with the state’s minimum. We do offer additional insurance plans if you want the full value of your cargo protected as it makes its way to Indonesia.
Shipping Options for Overseas Heavy and Oversized Cargo Transports
We have different transport methods for those shipping heavy equipment overseas. Not everyone is able to choose between all four international transport methods. The kind of cargo you’re shipping will determine the shipping services that are open to you.
A description of our overseas transport services...
Flat rack is an open air shipping service that includes securing your cargo to a metal frame before it is put on the boat for transport to Indonesia.
- RoRo shipping is the cheapest open air service as well as the most favored transport method by our customers. To use this service, your large vehicle or heavy equipment must be able to drive onboard and offboard of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo shipping is another open air service that’s available to customers with inoperable vehicles and crated cargo. A crane lifts the cargo onto the ship.
- Container shipping is the most secure and expensive shipping option because it protects your cargo within a 40ft shipping container. This method is only available to those with cargo that can fit into this large container for its transport.