Shipping a car to Indonesia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The costs vary somewhat widely for shipping a car to Indonesia from the U.S.; generally in the range of $1,900 to $5,700.
- Shipping a car in a container is the most affordable route, with the majority of transport options coming from the West Coast.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Indonesia
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Jakarta||$350||$2,100||5+29|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Jakarta||$475||$2,100||6+29|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Jakarta||$1,075||$2,600||7+46|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Jakarta||$575||$2,600||6+46|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Jakarta||$675||$2,600||6+46|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Jakarta||$775||$2,100||7+29|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Jakarta||$800||$2,600||6+46|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Jakarta||$925||$2,600||7+46|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Jakarta||$550||$2,100||6+29|
|Houston, TX to (California port) to Jakarta||$1,125||$2,100||8+29|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Indonesia is a country made up of over 13,000 islands located between Southeast Asia and Australia. It has the fourth-largest population in the world and the tropical climate supports a very diverse collection of plants and animals. The capital is Jakarta and the currency is the Indonesian rupiah, also called the IDR.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Importing a Car
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Indonesia
- Title & Registration - must be originals.
- Bill of lading (either ocean or air)
- Packing list.
- Copy of passport.
- Work permit.
- Form PP-8 (for diplomats)
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Indonesia.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Indonesia
There’s a lot to deal with when it comes to shipping oversized cargo or heavy equipment overseas. Besides the need for the right and most modern shipping equipment, haulers and technology, you’ll need to have experience with foreign import policies. For example, you’ll need to comply with Indonesia’s import laws and provide the proper proof to Customs to gain import approval before the transport can even be carried out.
Give A1 Auto Transport a call to receive a free quote and schedule your cargo’s delivery to Indonesia. We have the ability to ship all types of oversized cargo, heavy machinery, equipment and vehicles. Below you can see some of the various types of cargo that we’ve shipped in the past...
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Hydraulic equipment
- Mining equipment
- Pile drivers
- Asphalt pavers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles (EX: RVs)
- Engineering equipment
We add on free insurance coverage to all of our shipping customers’ deliveries regardless of what type of cargo they’re shipping or where it must be delivered. Nevertheless, our insurance only protects a portion of your cargo’s value as in line with the state’s minimum. We do offer additional insurance plans if you want the full value of your cargo protected as it makes its way to Indonesia.
Shipping Options for Overseas Heavy and Oversized Cargo Transports
We have different transport methods for those shipping heavy equipment overseas. Not everyone is able to choose between all four international transport methods. The kind of cargo you’re shipping will determine the shipping services that are open to you.
A description of our overseas transport services...
Flat rack is an open air shipping service that includes securing your cargo to a metal frame before it is put on the boat for transport to Indonesia.
- RoRo shipping is the cheapest open air service as well as the most favored transport method by our customers. To use this service, your large vehicle or heavy equipment must be able to drive onboard and offboard of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo shipping is another open air service that’s available to customers with inoperable vehicles and crated cargo. A crane lifts the cargo onto the ship.
- Container shipping is the most secure and expensive shipping option because it protects your cargo within a 40ft shipping container. This method is only available to those with cargo that can fit into this large container for its transport.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How much will it cost to ship my car to Indonesia?
- What will it cost to ship a car to Indonesia through RO/RO transport?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.