Shipping A Car To Indonesia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The costs vary somewhat widely for shipping a car to Indonesia from the U.S.; generally in the range of $1,900 to $5,700.
- Shipping a car in a container is the most affordable route, with the majority of transport options coming from the West Coast.
Indonesia is a country made up of over 13,000 islands located between Southeast Asia and Australia. It has the fourth-largest population in the world and the tropical climate supports a very diverse collection of plants and animals. The capital is Jakarta and the currency is the Indonesian rupiah, also called the IDR.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing a Car
Although it is possible to import a car to Indonesia, there are many restrictions and it is extremely expensive. Officially, no one is permitted to import a used car into the country, but an exception may be made for people who are on an extended diplomatic mission. New cars can be export to Indonesia, but the government levies a 300% duty on the value of the vehicle. Whether or not you can get your car into Indonesia may depend on how much your car means to you and who you know. Give us a call 1-800-452-2880 and we’ll help you through the process.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Indonesia
- Title & Registration – must be originals
- Bill of lading (either ocean or air)
- Packing list
- Copy of passport
- Work permit
- Form PP-8 (for diplomats)
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory