Ship Your Car To Or From Iceland
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Common shipping costs to Iceland from the U.S. are generally between $1,900 to $4,300.
- Most shipments to Iceland originate from the East Coast, where RORO (roll on, roll off) and containerized transport are both affordable options.
Moving overseas can be a stressful thing to do. There are so many things that have to be taken care of in advance in order to move and the last thing you need to worry about having to figure out how to get your car to the country. When relocating to Iceland, you will need to plan ahead for shipping your car internationally. This will entail hiring a reputable auto transport company to transport your car to the exit port and deliver the car to you in Iceland. You’ll also need to be aware of international shipping laws and regulations set forth by Customs in Iceland prior to shipping.
In order to import your car to Iceland, you need to have owned the vehicle for at least months prior to shipping and must have lived in the country for at least one year. You won’t be allowed to sale or even loan your car to anyone once it reaches Iceland and if you leave the country you will have to make sure it is exported back to the United States immediately. You will be required to show your Passport and Visa when making plans to import the car and you’ll have to be physically present when your car reaches the entry port in Iceland. You can get assistance from the auto transport agent with getting your necessary documents together and making sure you have the correct paperwork filled out.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Iceland.
- Driver’s License (You need an Iceland License as well as your license from the U.S.)
- International Car Insurance.
- Title and Registration to the car.
- Purchase invoice.
- Certificate of Declaration of Duty-Free Importation of Vehicle form.
- Power of Attorney form.
- Work permit.
- Bill of Sale.
- Residence Visa from the Directorate of Immigration.
- Freight Invoice.
- Inventory Sheet (detailing the car and other personal items if any)
Requirements for Importing a Car to Iceland.
In order to import your car into Iceland, you have to have the car registered outside of Iceland and you must have lived outside of Iceland for at least one year prior to shipping. You will need to have the car imported within a month or less of being in the country and you must be able to provide documentation of insurance in Iceland.
Read more about Iceland vehicle registration process.
Before Your Car Leaves the Port of Exit.
Before your car leaves the port of exit in the United States, you will want to make sure that you have a detailed price quote that will include all shipping fees as well as transport fees if the company needs to transport your car to the exit port. Cost for shipping will vary depending on the type of shipping that you use for your car. You will also want to contact U.S. Customs to see if there is paperwork that you may have missed while preparing the car for export from the U.S. The least expensive way to ship your car is Roro Shipping. Roro is the most widely used form of international shipping in the world and is generally the safest way to ship a car. If you are relocating permanently or will need to be in Iceland for an extended period of time due to work or school you may want to ship your personal household belongings along with your car. If you need to do that, then you would want to ship with Container Shipping. You can easily have personal items loaded inside of your car as well as inside of the container when shipping. You can also use Air Shipping if you will need your car quick. Air Shipping is great for those who may have expensive luxury cars and want them to arrive as fast as possible.
For more information on shipping internationally, you can contact your auto transport agent or you may want to contact the Embassy of Iceland to gather details on shipping customs and documentation that may have been added to list of required documents. Customs laws tend to change from time to time and you will want to know the most up to date information.
Related Information & FAQs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory