On the shore of the Gulf of Finland, Helsinki is not just the capital of the nation but the major center of education, culture, finance and research. Counted among the top European cities, most of the foreign companies in Finland are located in Helsinki. With plenty of ports on the Baltic Sea, the Helsinki port is the largest in the country. The economy of Finland depends upon the ocean-bound commerce.
However, if you are moving to Helsinki for business or leisure, it is best to hire the services of an international auto shipping service, like A1 Auto Transport service. We are conversant with the shipping and trade regulations of Finland and can assist the move with ease.
Ways for auto transportation.
When you discuss the method of shipping with auto transport service, we’d like to tell you that there are two options including:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: The car is driven over the deck and driven off the freight ship and is secured on the open deck along with other vehicles.
- Container shipping: Your vehicle will be secured inside the container of 20 feet or 40 feet. It will be secured and lifted by the crane and unloaded the same way. Due to the exclusivity of it, the cost is higher but vehicle is protected better.
As ports in US and Finland have to handle the shipment, ensure that RORO is accepted. Additionally, you will need to decide whether you’d like to drive the vehicle to the port and take delivery in Helsinki or authorize door to port transportation by A1 Auto Transport service.
Eligibility for shipping the car.
- Apart from the title deed of the vehicle, you are required by law to submit the Bill of Lading. If the vehicle has a lien, written documents and authorization to export the car has to be submitted.
- Driver’s license and passport of the owner.
- S insurance documents and Finnish insurance proof are needed.
- Extra set of car keys.
- Winterization completed of the car, if shipping in winters.
- No valuables or personal belongings inside the car.
There are instances when you can import the car to Helsinki without Custom duties. This is not only possible for VIPs, diplomats but Finnish regulations allow 1 vehicle to be freely imported, if you own and use the vehicle for at least six months. Additionally there is a monitory limit on the vehicle’s value so if that is exceeded; you have to the import duty. The vehicle will have to comply with the USA and European emission standards or you will need to spend money for modifications that will be needed for Finnish custom clearances.
As you might not be conversant with all aspects of the Finnish custom regulations, working with an experienced auto shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Company helps streamline and process the dealings faster at both the ports. To know more about the new regulations and changes pertaining to the import of vehicles in Finland, contact the Embassy of Finland in USA.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.