Shipping A Car To French Polynesia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping costs to French Polynesia from the U.S. start at $1,500 go up to $4,000.
- Much of the difference in cost will depend on the type and size of vehicle shipped, as well as which port it is shipped from.
Shipping a car to French Polynesia is difficult, but it is made slightly easier by the fact that French Polynesia’s import laws are attached to those of France. Diplomats can import a vehicle duty free and with very little hassle.
Foreigners can also import a vehicle, but they are subject to pay specific duties and taxes. French Polynesia is located in the Pacific Ocean and is situated between Australia and South America. $1 USD is worth around 88 Comptoirs Francais du Pacifique (CFP). If you are looking to ship your vehicle to Tahiti, it will most likely arrive at the Pape’ete container terminal.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Expected Costs and Required Documents
All vehicles are subject to duties and import taxes that are calculated by taking the vehicles value, model, year, size, and accessories. Currently, the owner of a vehicle that is being imported into France or French Polynesia will have to pay a 19.6% value added tax (VAT).
If you are exporting from the United States (US), you will have to pay normal customs and duty taxes, as the US is not a member of the European Union. Customs duties are paid at the port of entry, while the VAT is paid directly to the government. The approximate custom’s duty for a vehicle is around 10%.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To French Polynesia
In addition to import taxes and custom’s duty, you will need to provide the following information and documents when importing a vehicle into French Polynesia:
- Original title and registration
- If the vehicle is new (less than 6 months old), you must provide a purchase invoice
- A valid driver’s license
- Non Sale Certificate
- OBL stating: state chassis, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand, and model
All of the necessary shipping documentation will be provided by your shipping company. Granted that you have the necessary proof of ownership, legitimate intent, and the necessary funds, shipping a vehicle to French Polynesia is not as difficult as some countries.
We offer several shipping methods to French Polynesia, depending on your personal needs. The two most popular choices that we offer are the roll on, roll off (often referred to as RoRo) and container shipping methods.
Roll on, Roll off
The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!