Douala is the largest city in the country of Cameroon. It is the economic capital as well as the commercial center of the entire UDEAC Region. It has its location on the banks of the Wouri River and has tropical climate. Import is easily achievable, especially with the A-1 Auto Transport service; the shipment of a car from the United States can be quite difficult if you are trying to do it by yourself.
A lot of the people do not speak English or French even though they are official languages. However, some official workers in the government do. We will have our representative accompany you so that the communication gaps do not occur.
As explained above, English is not spoken a lot but most of the officials in the Cameroon Customs Department are conversant with it. Another important thing is that you might suffer long delays due to red tape. It is crucial to have connections with the officials in order to reduce additional fees that are likely to be brought up. Good connections help if you want to make sure that your vehicle arrives on time without any unexpected circumstances from the USA. The A-1 Auto Transport service has a lot of experience with dealing with Cameroon Customs Department and can help to reduce extra charges, while ensuring that the vehicle arrives in time.
Requirements for shipping.
In order to import a car in Cameroon, you are going to need:
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance proof.
- Purchase invoice.
- Registration certificate.
- Bill of Lading.
You are going to be required to pay duties and taxes unless this is the permanent address. If that’s not the case, the taxes are going to be calculated based on the age of your car.
Methods of shipping.
Even though shipping a car to Cameroon can be rather intimidating, the A-1 Auto Transport service can handle the logistics. Due to the safety concerns as well as the laws on the neighboring countries, it is not advisable that you ship your car through land transit. The main options in front of you are:
- RORO service: This is definitely the most affordable method and it is also the cheapest one. In case you have chosen to use it, your vehicle is going to be driven on the car deck of the carrier and it would be securely fastened. The downside is that it’s not always on time and could take longer to get your car shipped.
- Container shipping: This is going to cost you more but it comes with advantages. Your car is going to be shipped in a private container. It is going to provide security as well as additional space to store your goods in the container. They can also be put within the vehicle. It is also going to arrive faster and it’s more reliable.
You are going to need custom clearance and a stamp from the officials prior to obtaining your car. It is going to help you if you called and checked if your car has arrived. It is also recommended to conduct your own research prior to exporting your vehicle. We could help you get everything prepared and it is going to help safeguard the car through the whole process. For more information on the import laws, contact the Embassy of Cameroon in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?