Exporting A Car From The USA To The Dominican Republic
Shipping A Car To The Dominican Republic
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For most cars, shipping costs to the Dominican Republic fall between $1,500 and $3,200.
- The cheapest way to send a car to the Dominican Republic is in a shipping container, though there is RORO (roll on, roll off) service available as well.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Dominican Republic
- Valid passport
- Bill of lading (name must appear the same on passport & BOL)
- Title (original and copy)
- Registration card (original and copy)
- Driver’s license
- License plate
Restrictions On Vehicle Brought Into The Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic has some unique restrictions on what cars can and cannot be imported into the country. For instance, any car more than 5 years old cannot be brought into the country. You read that right. No cars more than 5 years old may be brought into the country, regardless of circumstance. Here are some of the other finer points you’ll want to be aware of before having a vehicle transported to the Dominican Republic:
- No cars more than 2000 cc or 6 cylinders can be imported
- Luxury autos cannot be brought into the country
- The car must be owned & registered for at least one year
- The owner must be present at customs pickup
- Only one car may be brought into the country
- New residents to the Dominican Republic pay little to no duty on auto transport
- Dominican citizens must live abroad for 2 years for before shipping a car back to the island
- Once again, cars more than 5 years old cannot be transported!
To learn more about shipping a car to the Dominican Republic call us today at 1-800-452-2880! We also offer free auto moving quotes for those who use our online quote form! All quotes are given in real time and require no obligation on your part.
Proper Paperwork & Necessary Steps To Take
Here is a brief rundown of the forms and paperwork you’ll need to have in order before having a vehicle shipped to the Dominican Republic.
- Title – The original title, certified by a DMV office and legalized by a Dominican consulate. Click here for a listing of Dominican consulate locations in the United States.
- Registration – Original registration documents that cover the past three years.
- Invoice – You must also obtain an invoice for auto delivery, which can be obtained and verified by a Dominican consulate in the U.S.
- Visa – A residence visa is required before being allowed into the Dominican Republic. You can file for a residence visa at an office of the consulate or by mail.
- Driver’s License – An original, valid driver’s license is required to ship a car to the Dominican.
- Passport – A valid passport is required to enter the country for nonresidents.
Resources For Shipping A Car To The Dominican Republic
U.S. Embassy of the Dominican Republic – The Embassy of the Dominican Republic in the United States is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to move a car, relocate, or just visit the Dominican Republic.
Dominican Today – Local news and information about the Dominican Republic. Dominican Today is the only English language newspaper currently in the country.
Related Information & FAQs
- Before shipping a car from the USA to the Dominican Republic, choose your transporter wisely
- What is the cost to ship a car to the Dominican Republic?
- Take advantage of overseas transport and ship your car to the Dominican Republic safe and sound
- What are the advantages of shipping my car to the Dominican Republic through an overseas transport company?
- The process of shipping an ATV to the Dominican Republic from the US
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!