Exporting A Car From The USA To The Dominican Republic.
Shipping A Car To The Dominican Republic.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For most cars, shipping costs to the Dominican Republic fall between $1,500 and $3,200.
- The cheapest way to send a car to the Dominican Republic is in a shipping container, though there is RORO (roll on, roll off) service available as well.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Dominican Republic.
- Valid passport.
- Bill of lading (name must appear the same on passport & BOL)
- Title (original and copy)
- Registration card (original and copy)
- Driver’s license.
- License plate.
Restrictions On Vehicle Brought Into The Dominican Republic.
The Dominican Republic has some unique restrictions on what cars can and cannot be imported into the country. For instance, any car more than 5 years old cannot be brought into the country. You read that right. No cars more than 5 years old may be brought into the country, regardless of circumstance. Here are some of the other finer points you’ll want to be aware of before having a vehicle transported to the Dominican Republic:
- No cars more than 2000 cc or 6 cylinders can be imported.
- Luxury autos cannot be brought into the country.
- The car must be owned & registered for at least one year.
- The owner must be present at customs pickup.
- Only one car may be brought into the country.
- New residents to the Dominican Republic pay little to no duty on auto transport.
- Dominican citizens must live abroad for 2 years for before shipping a car back to the island.
- Once again, cars more than 5 years old cannot be transported!
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
To learn more about shipping a car to the Dominican Republic call us today at 1-800-518-8708! We also offer free auto moving quotes for those who use our online quote form! All quotes are given in real time and require no obligation on your part.
Proper Paperwork & Necessary Steps To Take.
Here is a brief rundown of the forms and paperwork you’ll need to have in order before having a vehicle shipped to the Dominican Republic.
- Title – The original title, certified by a DMV office and legalized by a Dominican consulate. Click here for a listing of Dominican consulate locations in the United States.
- Registration – Original registration documents that cover the past three years.
- Invoice – You must also obtain an invoice for auto delivery, which can be obtained and verified by a Dominican consulate in the U.S.
- Visa – A residence visa is required before being allowed into the Dominican Republic. You can file for a residence visa at an office of the consulate or by mail.
- Driver’s License – An original, valid driver’s license is required to ship a car to the Dominican.
- Passport – A valid passport is required to enter the country for nonresidents.
Resources For Shipping A Car To The Dominican Republic.
U.S. Embassy of the Dominican Republic – The Embassy of the Dominican Republic in the United States is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to move a car, relocate, or just visit the Dominican Republic.
Dominican Today – Local news and information about the Dominican Republic. Dominican Today is the only English language newspaper currently in the country.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Before shipping a car from the USA to the Dominican Republic, choose your transporter wisely
- What is the cost to ship a car to the Dominican Republic?
- Take advantage of overseas transport and ship your car to the Dominican Republic safe and sound
- What are the advantages of shipping my car to the Dominican Republic through an overseas transport company?
- The process of shipping an ATV to the Dominican Republic from the US
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?