Exporting A Car From The USA To The Dominican Republic
Shipping A Car To The Dominican Republic.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For most cars, shipping costs to the Dominican Republic fall between $1,500 and $3,200.
- The cheapest way to send a car to the Dominican Republic is in a shipping container, though there is RORO (roll on, roll off) service available as well.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Dominican Republic
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Caucedo||$275||$4,100||5+7|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Caucedo||$350||$3,600||5+15|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Caucedo||$400||$4,100||5+7|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Caucedo||$450||$3,600||5+15|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Caucedo||$550||$3,600||6+15|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Caucedo||$550||$4,100||5+7|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Caucedo||$575||$4,100||6+7|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Caucedo||$700||$4,100||6+7|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Caucedo||$775||$3,600||7+15|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Caucedo||$1,025||$3,600||7+15|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Dominican Republic
- Valid passport
- Bill of lading (name must appear the same on passport & BOL)
- Title (original and copy)
- Registration card (original and copy)
- Driver's license
- License plate
Restrictions On Vehicle Brought Into The Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic has some unique restrictions on what cars can and cannot be imported into the country. For instance, any car more than 5 years old cannot be brought into the country. You read that right. No cars more than 5 years old may be brought into the country, regardless of circumstance. Here are some of the other finer points you’ll want to be aware of before having a vehicle transported to the Dominican Republic:
- No cars more than 2000 cc or 6 cylinders can be imported.
- Luxury autos cannot be brought into the country.
- The car must be owned & registered for at least one year.
- The owner must be present at customs pickup.
- Only one car may be brought into the country.
- New residents to the Dominican Republic pay little to no duty on auto transport.
- Dominican citizens must live abroad for 2 years for before shipping a car back to the island.
- Once again, cars more than 5 years old cannot be transported!
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
To learn more about shipping a car to the Dominican Republic call us today at 1-800-518-8708! We also offer free auto moving quotes for those who use our online quote form! All quotes are given in real time and require no obligation on your part.
Proper Paperwork & Necessary Steps To Take
Here is a brief rundown of the forms and paperwork you’ll need to have in order before having a vehicle shipped to the Dominican Republic.
- Title - The original title, certified by a DMV office and legalized by a Dominican consulate. Click here for a listing of Dominican consulate locations in the United States.
- Registration - Original registration documents that cover the past three years.
- Invoice - You must also obtain an invoice for auto delivery, which can be obtained and verified by a Dominican consulate in the U.S.
- Visa - A residence visa is required before being allowed into the Dominican Republic. You can file for a residence visa at an office of the consulate or by mail.
- Driver’s License - An original, valid driver’s license is required to ship a car to the Dominican.
- Passport - A valid passport is required to enter the country for nonresidents.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Dominican Republic.
Resources For Shipping A Car To The Dominican Republic
- U.S. Embassy of the Dominican Republic - The Embassy of the Dominican Republic in the United States is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to move a car, relocate, or just visit the Dominican Republic.
- Dominican Today - Local news and information about the Dominican Republic. Dominican Today is the only English language newspaper currently in the country.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To the Dominican Republic
Transporting heavy equipment and oversized cargo to the Dominican Republic through skilled and experienced shipping specialists is the only safe and assured way to go about such a lengthy delivery. If you’re looking to hire professional international transporters, look no further. A1 Auto Transport has the most modern shipping technology, access to the best equipment, trained specialists, and experience in delivering all types of cargo to nations all over the world. Once you call in to ask questions and receive your free quote, you’ll realize that there isn’t any type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo we’re unable to ship to the Dominican Republic for you.
Types of Heavy and Oversized Cargo We’re Able to Ship to the Dominican Republic
We have rarely ever come across any types of heavy equipment or oversized cargo we can’t ship. In fact, over the decades, we have shipped…
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Motor graders
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Agricultural equipment
The Variety of International Shipping Methods Offered
The variety of international shipping methods available to the customers of A1 will depend on the type of cargo that is to ship to the Dominican Republic. You can however presume that it will be one of the following shipping options…
- Flat Rack Transport
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
- Container Transport
Of course, these shipping options all vary in style and price. For instance, container transport is the priciest way to ship your heavy equipment overseas but it is also the most secure. It keeps your cargo safe from outside elements. However, if you are looking for the cheapest option, you may want to consider our open air service, RoRo shipping which is the least expensive yet most popular form of overseas transport. LoLo shipping and flat rack shipping are also open air services. LoLo is best used by those with inoperable vehicles or crated heavy equipment.
Related Information & FAQs
- Before shipping a car from the USA to the Dominican Republic, choose your transporter wisely
- What is the cost to ship a car to the Dominican Republic?
- Take advantage of overseas transport and ship your car to the Dominican Republic safe and sound
- The process of shipping an ATV to the Dominican Republic from the US
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.