As the largest city of Senegal, Dakar is the capital and strategically located on the western edge of Africa on the Atlantic coast, makes it a major regional port. This makes shipping your personal vehicle from USA comparatively easier. Irrespective of whether you are here on work permit or for personal reasons, you need to have your own vehicle to commute within the city and in the greater metro area. With vast network of roads and public transportation which is insufficient, you can start the process of shipping your vehicle before you leave for Dakar.
Shipping methods to Dakar, Senegal.
Although there are different methods of freight shipping, the most practical ways include RORO and container shipping as they suit most budgets. Air shipping is an option but prohibitively expensive and that is why very few people opt for it. If you have a vintage car or a luxury vehicle that you have to export from USA to Dakar, then container shipping might be the best option. It offers a higher level of protection and allows for transporting other goods that you will need in Senegal. Thus, household goods and car are put into a 20 feet or 40 feet container and secured.
Conversely, RORO is the cheapest method and most of the freight auto shipping is done using this method. There are some limitations that include stripping the car of accessories and no personal items are permitted within the car. Your vehicle is driven on and off the ship and only allowed to keep a car jack, floor mats and a spare tire.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents needed for import processes.
There are many procedures and requirements that need to be met and documents, which have to be submitted. Otherwise the Senegal Customs will not clear the vehicle. The documents and requirements that you need to follow include:
- Car title.
- Déclaration préalable d’ importation’ ‘(DPI) or Import declaration.
- Proof of ownership.
- Insurance documents.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Receipt of Purchase.
- Senegalese insurance is needed before custom clearance can be given.
- Only one vehicle per family can be imported.
- New and used vehicles can both be imported.
Although these are the essential regulations to follow and documents to submit, it becomes important to work with a trusted international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Company. We have been shipping vehicles to a host of African countries for years and understand the nuances of import/export laws of Senegal completely. To get more information about the limitations, current laws and regulations to import vehicles in Dakar, contact the Embassy of Senegal today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory