- Car Shipping Comoros
- Shipping A Vehicle Internationally To The Country Of Comoros
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Comoros
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Comoros
- Shipping Methods For A Vehicle To Comoros
- Pertinent Information
- Other Popular Shipping Destinations
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Comoros
- Shipping Options For Overseas Heavy And Oversized Cargo Transports
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Comoros
Shipping a Vehicle Internationally to the Country of Comoros
Shipping A Car To Comoros
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car transport costs from the United State to Comoros are most often between $1,500 and $4,500.
- That is a somewhat large range, even in auto transport terms, because of the distance, available methods of shipment, type of vehicle and additional services, all of which can add to the base shipping costs.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Comoros
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Moroni||$275||$5,300||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Moroni||$450||$3,200||5+48|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Moroni||$475||$3,200||6+48|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Moroni||$550||$3,200||6+48|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Moroni||$575||$5,300||6+35|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Moroni||$700||$5,300||6+35|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Moroni||$775||$3,200||7+48|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Moroni||$800||$5,300||6+35|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Moroni||$925||$5,300||7+35|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Moroni||$1,025||$3,200||7+48|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
As an island in the Indian Ocean, Comoros is a destination that many come to visit. Technically, it consists of three separate islands all very near in distance. All of them are combined, Comoros is still one of the smallest countries in the world.
Being a well-established and densely populated country, the roadways stretch across each island, making travel easier on its inhabitants. A personal vehicle is a wise accommodation to have during a long stay or permanent residency.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Comoros
Specific documents will need to be presented prior to transporting a personal vehicle via ship to the Comoros islands
- Title and registration
- Proof of ownership
- Insurance forms
- Passport and license
- Proof of Comoros residency
- Receipt of payment for duties and taxes
There may be other restrictions and documentation that apply. Contact the Embassy of Comoros to keep current with all regulations. They will help the vehicle owner by providing the necessary steps for shipment.
Shipping Methods for a Vehicle to Comoros
There are various methods that can be used to ship/import a vehicle to Comoros from the United States. However, two of these methods are more practical and many choose between them.
Container shipping is quite practical especially for those who plan on residing on the islands. It allows a person to fill their vehicle with belongings allowed by Customs. The container can also be filled with property and there are two sizes of containers to select from. A person choosing container shipping can split the container with another person. This can help to reduce the higher costs of shipment.
The roll on, roll off method, also known as RO/RO shipping/exporting, is less expensive than container shipping. The vehicle must roll onto the ship as well as roll off. The automobile must be completely empty other than its floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
At the time of the vehicle's due arrival, the owner must be present. There are several Comoros ports, one on each island, so make sure that the right port is known and the vehicle is sent to the correct island. Some of the Comoros ports include:
Other popular shipping destinations
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Comoros
Transporting heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another nation is a job that only professional transport companies should handle. Besides needing the right transport equipment, haulers and technology, you’ll need to have familiarity with foreign import policies. So if you’re trying to ship your oversized or heavy cargo to the country of Comoros, give A1 Auto Transport a call. We have the ability to ship all types of large and heavy machinery, equipment, vehicles and cargo, just take a look at some of the examples below.
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Hydraulic equipment
- Mining equipment
- Pile drivers
- Asphalt pavers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles such as RV’s and dump trucks
- Engineering equipment
We offer insurance to all of our shipping customers regardless of what they’re shipping or where they’re shipping to. However, our free insurance may not cover the entire value of your cargo so we offer additional insurance packages at low fees.
Shipping Options for Overseas Heavy and Oversized Cargo Transports
We have different shipping options for those transporting heavy equipment overseas. You may not have all four of these transport methods available to you since it depends on what type of cargo you are shipping, but to give you an idea of what each entails, here are some brief descriptions for each…
- Flat Rack is an open air transport service that secures your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed aboard the boat.
- RoRo Shipping is the cheapest open air transport method and also the most favored by our customers. This shipping option requires that your large vehicle or equipment is operable and able to drive onto and off of the boat.
- LoLo Shipping is another open air service available to those with inoperable vehicles and crated cargo.
- Container Shipping is the safest and most expensive shipping option. It protects your cargo within a 40ft shipping container. This method is only available to those with cargo that can fit into this large container for its transport even if it must be disassembled some.