Shipping a Vehicle Internationally to the Country of Comoros
Shipping A Car To Comoro
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car transport costs from the United State to Comoros are most often between $1,500 and $4,500.
- That is a somewhat large range, even in auto transport terms, because of the distance, available methods of shipment, type of vehicle and additional services, all of which can add to the base shipping costs.
As an island in the Indian Ocean, Comoros is a destination that many come to visit. Technically, it consists of three separate islands all very near in distance. All of them are combined, Comoros is still one of the smallest countries in the world.
Being a well-established and densely populated country, the roadways stretch across each island, making travel easier on its inhabitants. A personal vehicle is a wise accommodation to have during a long stay or permanent residency.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Comoros
Specific documents will need to be presented prior to transporting a personal vehicle via ship to the Comoros islands.
- Title and registration
- Proof of ownership
- Insurance forms
- Passport and license
- Proof of Comoros residency
- Receipt of payment for duties and taxes
There may be other restrictions and documentation that apply. Contact the Embassy of Comoros to keep current with all regulations. They will help the vehicle owner by providing the necessary steps for shipment.
Shipping Methods for a Vehicle to Comoros
There are various methods that can be used to ship/import a vehicle to Comoros from the United States. However, two of these methods are more practical and many choose between them.
Container shipping is quite practical especially for those who plan on residing on the islands. It allows a person to fill their vehicle with belongings allowed by Customs. The container can also be filled with property and there are two sizes of containers to select from. A person choosing container shipping can split the container with another person. This can help to reduce the higher costs of shipment.
The roll on, roll off method, also known as RO/RO shipping/exporting, is less expensive than container shipping. The vehicle must roll onto the ship as well as roll off. The automobile must be completely empty other than its floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
At the time of the vehicle’s due arrival, the owner must be present. There are several Comoros ports, one on each island, so make sure that the right port is known and the vehicle is sent to the correct island. Some of the Comoros ports include:
Other popular shipping destinations:
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?