Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from San Leandro, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe & Reliable San Leandro Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Welcome to the A-1 Auto Transport guide to shipping a car in San Leandro! With more than 25 years of experience in the car shipping industry, we have seen and done it all, from transporting construction equipment between states to moving cars to countries across the world. We’ve drawn on that experience to put together this guide, which includes tips for using auto transporters and a local directory of nearby companies that deliver vehicles to and from San Leandro and Alameda County.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|San Leandro to Los Angeles||$362||362 miles||2 – 4 days|
|San Leandro to Salt Lake City||$554||739 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Tuscon to San Leandro||$633||845 miles||3 – 5 days|
|San Leandro to San Antonio||$1027||1713 miles||5 – 7 days|
|San Leandro to New Orleans||$1128||2257 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Indianapolis to San Leandro||$1139||2278 miles||6 – 8 days|
|San Leandro to New York||$1166||2917 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Miami to San Leandro||$1238||3097 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using San Leandro Vehicle Transport Companies
- Preparation – Before your vehicle is picked up for shipping, there are a few things that you need to do in preparation. The first is to make sure the car is cleaned, both inside and out, and that it is in good running condition. (Some, but not all shippers will move an inoperable vehicle.) Having the vehicle clean helps make sure that nothing bounces around inside during transport, and that the driver can easily assess any existing damages, scratches, or dents on the car. Finally–and this is an important one–the gas tank should only be 1/8 to 1/4 full. It varies from company to company so make sure you follow the specific guidelines for the one that moves your car. The weight of extra gas in the tank can add up when moving several cars at once and it usually results in an additional fee for the customer.
Visit our page on how to prepare your car for shipping for a more in-depth look at what steps to take before the driver picks it up for delivery.
- Personal Items – Though some auto shippers may allow for a few personal items to be moved inside the vehicle, the general rule is that the vehicle should be empty. Having additional items inside the car when it’s being transported over a long distance can cause damage as they shift around. The companies that do allow customers to store personal items (usually in the trunk) may have weight limits or certain items they won’t allow. Personal belongings may be included when shipping a car internationally since a different method, containerized transport, makes it easier and safer to move additional items along with the vehicle.
- Insurance – Basic cargo insurance laws apply to the auto shipping industry, which means that the price you pay includes coverage for your vehicle while it’s being moved. There are minimum insurance requirements in place that are suitable for 90% of vehicles that are shipped. The exception would be for customers who need a high-end, luxury or exotic car moved–basically any vehicle that has a particularly high value. In these cases, supplemental insurance coverage is available through the transport company and is a good investment if you feel like the minimum coverage level is not sufficient to cover potential damage to the vehicle. While accidents are rare, they do happen and it’s a good idea to have the proper amount of insurance in place as a precautionary measure.
The City of San Leandro’s official website has more information about local businesses and the services they offer.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
San Leandro Auto Transport Companies Directory
Hayward Auto Transport
Hayward Auto Transport is a nationwide car shipper that operates throughout the continental U.S. They move a variety of vehicles for customers, including trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats, ATVs and oversize vehicles.
442 Sycamore Ave
Hayward, CA 94544
Automobile Loaders of California specializes in worldwide and country to country auto transport. They also offer packing and crating services, as well as palletized transport for motorcycles.
975 66th Ave, Oakland, CA 94621
Car Shipping America
An affordable car transport option out of Hayward, Car Shipping America offers both open and enclosed transport carriers. Free estimates are provided through a form on their website and they also ship motorcycles and boats.
842 W Sunset Blvd, Hayward, CA 94541
San Leandro includes ZIP codes:
94577, 94578, 94579.