Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Panama City, Florida
The port of Panama City, Florida is a deep water harbor that lies on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway. It is the center of Bay County in the northwest of Florida and is located on the shore of Saint Andrew Bay. The port of St. Joe and port of Pensacola surround the harbor from the North West and South East respectively. The economy of Port Panama City largely depends on tourism and the military of the United States.
However, manufacturing, shipbuilding, and maritime related interests also play a key role in its development.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Tampa to Port of Panama City||379$||379 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Panama City to Miami||440$||586 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Panama City to St. Louis||575$||767 miles||3-5 days|
|Dallas to Port of Panama City||579$||772 miles||3-5 days|
|Port of Panama City to Detroit||602$||1004 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Panama City to Albany||777$||1295 miles||4-6 days|
|Minneapolis to Port of Panama City||805$||1341 miles||4-6 days|
|Las Vegas to Port of Panama City||1195$||1992 miles||5-7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Why ship from port of Panama City
Majority of tenants in port of Panama City are shipping agents, stevedores, government agencies, and warehouse operators. They engage in various trade activities at the port because of the benefits it offers its users. Some of these benefits include:
- Modern facilities with state-of-the-art equipment are the norm at port of Panama City. The city has invested over $85 million dollars to ensure that it provides everything port users need. It is managed by a port authority whose responsibility lies in ensuring that the terminal services run properly. Auto shipping companies can expect top notch services when shipping cars to or from port of Panama City, Florida.
- Availability of a wide berthing space with a depth of 3240 feet and width of 600 feet. The six berths make it possible for shipping vessels of different sizes to dock at the port ready for loading or unloading. The harbor is well equipped and can handle vessel traffic in form of barges, shipping containers, roll on roll off vessels, and even trucks. The services offered at the port facility run smoothly regardless of the time of day, making it an ideal location for auto transport companies.
- The ability to handle various types of cargo, both foreign and local cargo. The cargo types are diverse and include automobiles which are shipped to various destinations within the US and abroad. Containerized cargo is also common at the port and is often carried out between the harbor and Progreso in Mexico.
- The port of Panama City is a Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ). It is often referred to as FRZ #65, and serves industrial areas at the port, namely: the Bay Industrial Park and Hugh Nelson Industrial Park which cover an area of 260 acres and 175 acres respectively. The presence of an FTZ means that shipping cars to or from port of Panama City, Florida, may result in certain exemptions on taxes such as custom duty while using the port.
- The US Coast Guard has a terminal at the Panama City port which is used to moor vessels owned by the government. They have a wharf with a berthing space of approximately 575 feet and 20 feet for their ships. A 1 Auto Transport offers shipping services for vehicles used by the military and armed forces in the US and abroad.
For the best services in shipping cars to or from port of Panama City, Florida, talk to our sales team on (800) 452-2880.
Services And Information
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com