- Pintle Hitch Shipping
- What Is A Pintle Hitch?
- What Is The Pintle Hitch Shipping Process?
- Types Of Pintle Hitches
- The Characteristics To Look For In A Pintle Hitch Shipping Company
- Trust A-1 Auto Transport For Your Pintle Hitch Shipping Needs
Pintle Hitch Shipping
Maybe you’re not searching for a large cargo shipping service that crates up your machinery and hauls it away. You might want to tow the machinery yourself and simply need a hitch that helps you to do the job well.
That’s where pintle hitch shipping comes in.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we provide a range of pintle hitch shipping services designed to make transporting heavy machinery easy.
What Is a Pintle Hitch?
A pintle hitch is a heavy-duty hitch designed to link two vehicles together. They come with three distinct parts:
- A rigid body designed to ensure a strong connection between the towing and towed vehicles.
- A latch that gives you access to the body.
- A secure locking pin that secures the latch when the hitch is in use.
Pintle hitches are usually made using forged or cast alloy steel and they’re available in many sizes and weight capacities.
What Is the Pintle Hitch Shipping Process?
You’ll usually use pintle hitch shipping if you’re transporting a heavy piece of equipment over a short distance. For example, it works well if you’ve loaded some farm equipment onto a trailer and wish to transport it from one field to another.
The process is simple.
First, you mount to pintle hitch to the towing vehicle using a mounting plate. This should be provided with the hitch and designed to fit your vehicle.
Once the hitch is mounted, you connect the trailer or vehicle you want to tow to it. The latch secures the towed vehicle in place, with the locking pin sliding into a hole to keep everything secure.
After completing your journey, you pull the pin out and remove the towed vehicle or trailer from the latch.
Pintle hitch shipping can be used for open and enclosed equipment transportation. As long as the towed object is compatible with the hitch and falls within the hitch’s weight capacity, you should be able to transport it using pintle hitch shipping.
Types of Pintle Hitches
There are several types of pintle hitches you may be able to use for transporting equipment:
- Rigid Pintle Hitches
- Cushioned Hitches
- Swivel Hitches
- Adjustable Height Hitches
Contact A-1 Auto Transport if you’re unsure which type of hitch suits your towing purposes. We can help you find the right equipment and provide a pintle hitch shipping service for transporting heavy machinery.
The Characteristics to Look For in a Pintle Hitch Shipping Company
Here’s what to look for when searching for pintle hitch shipping online:
- Reviews on social media, Google Reviews, and the Better Business Bureau that highlight the quality of the company and their service.
- The ability to offer several types of pintle hitch to suit your specific machinery needs.
- Insurance coverage for any cargo shipped.
- Transparency in communication, especially if you’re asking questions about hitch loads, weight capacities, and the best way to haul your items.
Trust A-1 Auto Transport for Your Pintle Hitch Shipping Needs
A-1 Auto Transport specializes in heavy machinery and equipment transportation. We can ship items using pintle hitches throughout the United States. If you’d like to learn more, get in touch with us online or call (800) 452-2880.