- Malaysia International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Malaysia?
- Phone Costs
- Other Costs
- Moving To Malaysia Cost & Time Examples
- Duties Imposed On Household Belongings
- Paperwork Required For Household Belongings
- Duties Imposed On Vehicles
- Paperwork Required For Vehicles
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Malaysia International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
Malaysia International Moving Services
International moving, also known as relocation, occurs when a company or an individual transports their belongings from one country to another. This growing need for such international moving services is met by professional moving companies. These companies assist their clients to make their move hassle-free. They offer assistance in transportation, packing and unpacking, moving and storing of goods.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Malaysia?
The cost of moving internationally to Malaysia can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, route, total distance, transportation method, and current market trends.
Malaysia is a Southeast Asian country. To estimate shipments to Malaysia, the size of the residence that must be emptied is taken into consideration. To relocate from the United States to Malaysia, a two-bedroom property costs between $3900 and $8200.
A house's size is not the only factor to consider. You should also consider phone service, storage, and other costs.
By the time you arrive in a new country, you'll need a new cell phone carrier and probably a new phone as well. If you wish to use the mobile phone purchased from the network of whom it was purchased, be sure that it has been unlocked and is ready for use outside that network. You will also need a new phone if your phone isn't compatible.
You will need a place to store your stuff until you return if you do not wish to relocate permanently. Whenever possible, store your possessions with a friend or relative; otherwise, you'll need a long-term storage unit, possible a climate-controlled done depending on your needs.
Even if you are considering a permanent move, certain possessions will almost certainly need to be temporarily stored. You might be able to find the best rates for temporary storage from international relocation companies.
Your new home will need to be furnished when you relocate to a new country. Your own appliances may not be usable if you move abroad. There may be a voltage or plug difference in the country you are moving to.
You may also need to buy a new wardrobe. Moving to a country with a different climate or season from where you currently live is especially important. Be aware of this when making plans.
Moving to Malaysia Cost & Time Examples
|San Jose to Klang||$4,300- $6,000||$8,200- $11,100||5-7 weeks|
|New York to Klang||$4,600- $6,400||$8,800- $11,900||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Klang||$5,000- $6,800||$9,200- $12,400||5-7 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Klang||$5,000- $6,800||$9,300- $12,700||6-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Kota Bharu||$5,800- $7,800||$10,600- $14,300||5-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Kota Bharu||$5,800- $7,800||$10,700- $14,400||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Kota Bharu||$5,900- $7,900||$10,900- $14,600||6-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Kota Bharu||$6,100- $8,300||$11,400- $15,300||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Kota Bharu||$6,400- $8,700||$11,800- $15,800||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Kota Bharu||$7,300- $9,800||$13,300- $17,800||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
To benefit from having your car with you whether you are going for a short holiday or a permanent stay, an experienced moving company will be able to take up the task of shipping your car to Malaysia.
Duties imposed on household belongings
Your shipment of household items can be brought into Malaysia without incurring duty, if you purchased these goods longer than six months ago. You’re also required to have personally used them during this time. Customs also mandates that you be in Malaysia when your shipment arrives.
Additional regulations that don’t impact your duty-free status, include fumigation according to ISPM 15 standards, for all wood packing materials. This is to be carried out in the origin country. You may need an electrical board permit for any electronics as well, and this depends upon the entry point of your shipment (1).
One reputable source also urges those entering Malaysia, not to include tobacco or alcohol in any shipment - as import duties are exorbitant and permits for these goods are rarely issued (2).
Paperwork required for household belongings
During clearance of your shipment of household items, you’ll need to present customs with the necessary paperwork. You must have your passport and either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A valid Work Permit or Letter of Employment is also required, as well as a detailed inventory. This should include your signature, the date and be written in English. Customs also mandates that you provide the complete contact details for the shipment’s owner and a full list of all electronic items (3). A separate Work Contract may also be needed (4).
Duties imposed on vehicles
The International Association of Movers states that for vehicle imports with a CIF value under RM 20,000, you can expect to pay duties between 170 - 300%. An additional tax of roughly 10 - 20% also applies (5). Another trustworthy source disagrees, holding that the range is 150 - 300%, and that duty isn’t based upon the CIF value. Rather, it is the engine size (measured in cc’s) which determines the duties incurred (6).
With conflicting information available, you’ll want to contact customs to learn how duties and taxes will be calculated for your specific vehicle. In addition, they can inform you of the other pertinent regulations for vehicle imports - such as the requirement that all paperwork arrive at least 7 days before the shipment enters port (7).
Paperwork required for vehicles
Customs must have certain documentation to process your shipment, including paperwork showing ownership of the vehicle. The vehicle registration, your passport and proof of insurance coverage in the origin country are also needed. A letter written by the vehicle’s owner, asking for authorization to bring it into Malaysia is required as well (8).
A valid Import Permit issued by the Malaysian Ministry of International Trade and the vehicle title should also be presented to customs. Finally, new vehicles require that you include a purchase receipt or invoice in your paperwork (9).
As customs regulations and policies are liable to change from time to time, it’s wise to speak with them before sending any shipments. This will ensure that you are aware of all applicable regulations - so unnecessary delays, fees or issues don’t arise during customs clearance.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
International moving requires a lot of activities to be handled, from start to finish. Make your international move easier by acting on the following tips:
- Your goods will keep being moved around; you therefore, need to have them packaged in the best, most secure way possible. This makes it easier to store, handle, and transport them.
- Prepare all your documents well in advance. Doing so means you have them ready when you are asked to present them; this helps you avoid last minute rush.
- Liaise with the moving company and establish a good relationship. Having good communication links with the movers enables you to have a smooth process and eases your anxiety.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving involves a lot of tasks such as packing and unpacking and transportation of your valuables. There are also official tasks such as document preparation, customs clearance, and visa applications, just to mention a few. It is easy for you to get overwhelmed or miss important details. You should therefore hire the services of a professional moving company. Doing this will make your relocation easier since you will be availed with the much needed support and guidance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
While conducting your search, you will probably have a variety of international movers to choose from. You need to settle on a company that will provide you with the best Malaysia International Moving Services.
To do this, a number of factors will need to be put into consideration. Find out if the company is licensed to ship to Malaysia and if its insurance cover caters for third parties. Get an estimate of the shipping costs and clarify the services that will be provided as well as the delivery time.
Our Malaysia international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We help you pack and unpack. We take on the heavy lifting so that you do not have to strain your back.
- Commercial moving: Our specialty is moving companies to Malaysia and enable them expand their area of expertise.
- Office moves: We see to it that you have successfully moved out of your current office and have set-up shop at your new location; all in a hassle-free manner.
- Apartment moves: We transport your valuables safely, from one apartment to another, no matter the distance.
- Planning and preparation: We know that to make your move successful, proper planning and preparation is required.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the entry requirements into Malaysia. Should you need any assistance, we are happy to help.
- Housing assistance: Our team is capable of delivering great housing assistance to you.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: We are experienced and reliable in providing vehicle transport services. We will guide you on all you need to know about shipping a car to Malaysia and give you all the support you need.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Would you like to make your move with an experienced and reliable mover that still offers services at affordable rates? Welcome to A-1 Auto Transport. We have helped many clients ship their goods and have become the trusted choice for many. We guarantee you that we will deliver your goods and our promises too! You may request for a quote for the Malaysia International Moving Services. You have to admit that we do offer the most competitive rates and still offer you with peace of mind that your goods will be in safe hands.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We also invite you to give us a call on 888-509-3213. Alternatively, write to us using the contact details provided here. We do our best to get back to you in real time. We will be able to provide more information or clarification on our Malaysia International Moving Services.
(1) IAMovers Country Guide: Malaysia (2) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malaysia” page. (3) IAMovers Country Guide: Malaysia (4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malaysia” page. (5) IAMovers Country Guide: Malaysia (6) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malaysia” page. (7) IAMovers Country Guide: Malaysia (8) Ibid. (9)Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Malaysia” page.