Motorcycle Shipping Cost Estimator
Before you hire just anyone to ship your motorcycle, research several transport companies and compare quotes. Of course, as a shipping customer, you want to find the lowest possible shipping costs. However, don’t let that stop you from purchasing the safest and most convenient shipping services. Luckily, motorcycle shipping services are cost effective and affordable.
There are many things that a transport company must think about before they calculate a cost for shipping services. It’s impossible to get an honest quote before certain information is shared with the shipping company. The shipping process may cost a customer anywhere from a couple hundred dollars to a couple thousand dollars depending on the details of the transport.
What Details Affect Your Motorcycle’s Transport?
- Motorcycle specs such as age, weight, model and brand
- The distance the transporter must travel to deliver the motorcycle to its destination
- The transport services you decide to buy for the bike’s future shipping process
- The total weight of the motorcycle and any other items you may ship with it if you choose enclosed services
- The time of year you need the motorcycle shipped
- The price of fuel at the time of the transport
Once the transporter receives the information they need from you, they’ll begin calculating your cost of shipping the bike. This process should only take a few minutes. For a faster estimate, most websites offer online calculators. However, this isn’t the most accurate way to get a price.
Call In for a More Honest Quote
It’s always a good idea to collect a few quotes. Compare a few companies’ prices, services and characteristics. You may notice that the transport company offers several ways for their customers to receive a quote for their shipping services. Getting a quote by phone is more personable and honest. When you call in for a quote, not only will you receive a more honest estimate for shipping services but you can ask them any questions you might have. A reliable transport company should have helpful, friendly customer service representatives answering the phones.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory