Safe and Reliable Lake Forest Car Shipping Services by A-1 Auto Transport
Door-to-door car shipping service is the most convenient option in Lake Forest in the state of California. The service provider will pick up your car from your current location and bring it to the nearest terminal partners. They will pick it up from the other terminal and deliver it to you. You save time and effort when you do not need to personally ship your car and pick it up.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Lake Forest to Phoenix||$362||362 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Lake Forest to San Jose||$385||385 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Omaha to Lake Forest||$931||1553 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Chicago to Lake Forest||$1008||2016 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Lake Forest to Memphis||$1075||1793 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Lake Forest to Atlanta||$1087||2174 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New York to Lake Forest||$1119||2798 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Detroit to Lake Forest||$1141||2282 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Two Methods of Door-to-door Delivery Service
There are two methods that door-to-door service providers use. First, they use multi-car transport, which caters to all types of vehicles that fit easily once loaded on the truck. The second method, which is called the flatbed option, carries different types and sizes of vehicles at the same time, such as your car and your motorcycle.
Duties of the Owner Prior to Shipping
The door-to-door shipping method requires you to trust to your car shipping service provider as they take charge of your vehicle. However, you also have to do your duties as the owner to ensure a smooth and easy transport process. Before they pick up your vehicle, you should have finished the following:
- Make sure that your car’s battery, tires, and fluids are in good working condition before you surrender your vehicle to your provider. To be sure, you can take photos of your car’s current condition, and notify your service provider because all defects found prior to shipping will be accounted to you.
- To lessen the risks of explosions due to gasoline, your car must contain no more than 25% of the
- To comply with the truck’s weight requirements, you must remove all of your car’s accessories and personal items and documents.
- Turn off your car’s alarm during the shipping period to help the drivers focus on the road.
- Give duplicate keys to the driver so they can load and unload your vehicle on and off the delivery truck.
- Give the current situation of your pickup and drop-off places. This helps the drivers to load and unload your vehicle easily. It is your responsibility to communicate regarding your road’s width the presence of hanging cables, or tree branches that block off the way. If the drop-off area is small for the truck, be considerate to indicate a nearby location with enough space.
Related Information & FAQ
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.