- Cost To Ship A Car By Boat
- How The Cost Of Shipping A Car By Boat Is Determined
- The Benefits Of Hiring An International Transporter To Deliver Your Car
Cost to Ship a Car by Boat
The absolute most affordable and cost effective way to ship a car by boat is through a professional international car shipping company. There are many great and reliable auto transport companies in the U.S. that are familiar with international transports by boat. Find one that offers the greatest services at the lowest rates and continues to remain a reputable car shipping company in the industry.
To receive shipping rates to deliver a car by boat, it is wise to call the transporter. Most transporters will offer free estimates through an online shipping calculator but you’ll get more honest quotes by calling in and providing details. It also makes it easier to ask questions including if there’s any discounts or special promotions that you might qualify for. Sometimes, military personnel, students and other individuals may qualify for a discount due to the nature of their relocation. However, you must remember that most countries have car import taxes. You must pay these in full before your car is approved by Customs for the import.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How the Cost of Shipping a Car by Boat Is Determined
The cost of shipping your car overseas is determined by several factors. Most car shipping companies come up with an estimate based on the same criteria.
- The vehicle’s make and model
- The car’s age and weight
- The distance the transporter must travel to deliver the vehicle
- The shipping services being used to deliver the car by boat
- The cost of fuel and other shipping resources at the time of the transport
- The time of year or season might affect the price of delivery, depending on the type of transport
After the international transport company is provided with the above details, they’ll come up with a more accurate quote for your future shipping process.
The Benefits of Hiring an International Transporter to Deliver Your Car
- You’ll save money since they’ll already have everything they need to perform a safe delivery by boat
- They have the proper shipping equipment, tools and other technologies
- They’ll protect the car’s value through their insurance policy
- They provide a faster overseas delivery
- You’ll have the time to focus on other matters involving your relocation
- They’ll have experience with overseas deliveries and complying with foreign import policies and other transport laws
If you want to move your car by water, you should start looking for a transporter months before you actually need to ship it. The additional time will be necessary for you and the shipping firm to get the vehicle ready for international transport. In order for customs to allow the import of the vehicle, you must provide documents showing that the required taxes have been paid.