Transporting a motorcycle to Honolulu isn't seemingly simple. However, with the right shipping company, transporting a bike can be easy. A professional shipping company will be safe and reliable. The customer service will be friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help. By reading online reviews from past customers, finding the right company is possible.
Hawaii is a gorgeous island state full of natural elements and shorelines as far as the eye can see. The city of Honolulu also happens to be the state's capital and the most populated region. Having a motorcycle to travel the island will prove to be beneficial.
Methods of Motorcycle Transport to Select From
With the variety of motorcycle shipment methods available, you will certainly find a company that offers a method you will be satisfied with. Many trustworthy companies will also offer insurance on the motorcycle during its shipment. Of course, this is a bit of an up-charge, but it might be worth it to assure the safety of your bike.
- Crated Shipping: This is the safest method. This method requires a bit more preparation, but it helps assure the safety of the motorcycle during its shipment. The fluids must be drained and the battery must be disconnected. The bike is then strapped to a wooden pallet and placed within a tight container.
- Enclosed Shipping: The motorcycle is placed within a container for shipment.
- Open Air Shipping: This method is a bit cheaper, but it isn't the safest method. If the weather is poor or the roadways are unfavorable, the bike could be susceptible to some minor damage. The motorcycle is shipped on an open flatbed trailer.
- Terminal to Terminal: The bike must be dropped of at a shipping terminal nearby and then retrieved from a shipping terminal in Honolulu.
- Door to Door: The motorcycle is picked up from wherever it is stored and then dropped off at any destination in Honolulu that you specify.
Shipment Companies to Check Out in Honolulu
Dugonz Towing Transport and Recovery
94-810 Molale Pl.
Waipahu, HI 96797
Matson Terminals Inc.
1411 Sand island Pkwy #51B
Honolulu, HI 96803
Pasha Hawaii Transport Lines
745 Fort St. #1600
Honolulu, HI 96813
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.