Safe And Reliable Coachella Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Named after the surrounding desert region, Coachella is famous for the grapefruit that also bears its name. It is the perfect place in California where you can experience a year-round summer climate. Shipping cars to or from Coachella is not an easy task unless you have experienced and reliable professionals like A-1 Auto Transport.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Los Angeles to Coachella||$132||132 miles||1-2 days|
|Las Vegas to Coachella||$258||258 miles||2-4 days|
|Coachella to Salt Lake City||$507||676 miles||3-5 days|
|Colorado Springs to Coachella||$622||1037 miles||4-6 days|
|Seattle to Coachella||$760||1267 miles||4-6 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Coachella||$1017||2543 miles||7-9 days|
|Coachella to New York||$1060||2652 miles||7-9 days|
|Coachella to Minneapolis||$1113||1855 miles||5-7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas covered in Coachella
We have the best coverage of the state with our networks extending to all parts of the U.S. and other international destinations.
Services offered in Coachella
The cost to ship from an overseas country depends on the kind of transportation service that you choose. The following are some of the options offered at A-1 Auto Transport.
- Roll-on/roll-off (RoRo): Our partner vessels can load up to 6000 vehicles in one trip, which helps to bring down much of the costs. We load and unload the cars by rolling (driving) them on the ship’s ramp.
- Container shipping: The airtight and watertight features help to increase vehicle safety during transportation. It has higher costs compared to the RoRo option but you can manage it by going for a shared container.
- Air transport: If you need to move the car from overseas without risking delays, we can book it for you on the next available plane. Since it is a highly expensive affair, we only recommend for high-value cases.
- Open-air transport: It is the most popular option across the country. We have two kinds of options using the standard.
- The multi-car trailer offers some of the most affordable rates for shipping cars to or from Coachella. Our trucks can load between 8-12 vehicles in one trip.
- The flatbed truck leaves little room to send many vehicles at once, making it an expensive option for long hauls. It is an affordable solution for covering short distances within the state.
Enclosed shipping delivers the best safety features classic and luxury vehicles. A-1 Auto Transport invests in the latest technologies such as air-compressed suspension systems and hydraulic lift gates to secure the handling and transportation. It is the right transport solution when you are:
- Moving your classic vehicle for a special event or a private collection
- Sending a high-end model to your new residence or temporary home
- In need of discreet transport for sports racing cars.
- Terminal-to-terminal shipping: A terminal is a storage and transportation hub, where the transporter asks you to drop off or pick up the vehicle.
- Door-to-door shipping: It keeps the vehicle in the transporter’s custody from start to finish. We will fetch the car and deliver it where you want.
Cars that we ship
We have transport services covering all types of vehicles from motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, golf carts, buses, farm machinery, boats, and project equipment.
Preparing your car for shipping
To cut down on delays in your vehicle’s transportation, use the following steps when planning for the shipping process.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Authority (FMCSA) recommends that you remove personal items and hazardous goods from the vehicle. The list includes aftermarket installations of stereo systems, CD and DVD players, GPS, LCD screens, and radar detectors.
- Keep the vehicle clean so that it becomes easy to inspect it and prepare a report on the cosmetic damage. When making an import, the car will go through a quarantine inspection that checks for any animal, mud, plant or seed residue.
- Check the braking system, battery charge, fluid levels, and tire pressure. Take the vehicle for repair if it has visible leaks.
- Too much gas in the tank adds up your vehicle’s weight and increases the risk that comes from spilled fuel while in transit. We recommend that you keep it at about a quarter-full to allow the trucker to drive the car when loading and unloading.
- Walk around the exterior and remove all non-factory accessories such as bull bars, fog lights, ground effects, roof racks, and spoilers. Use protective padding on the other loose parts. Fold back the side-view mirrors and retract the antenna.
- Keep the spare tire and jack properly secured in place. Deactivate the alarm system to keep it from going off while in transit or write instructions on how to disable it when it triggers.
- Spare keys help the truck driver to start and run the vehicle as well as open up the compartments for inspection.
About A-1 Auto Transport
We are one of the biggest car shippers in the region with over two decades of experience. Few companies can match our expertise when it gets to shipping cars to or from Coachella.
Get free quotes!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.