Deciding to pay for auto transport services is a big decision to make. But, just like with anything, there may be a time when you have to cancel an auto transport order after you’ve already made it. Yet because you’ve already given them a deposit in most instances, you may be wondering if you can even cancel an order and not to have to pay an additional penalty or to even get a partial refund back. While each auto transport company is different in terms of their policies, you should be able to do so, especially if the company is credible, just as long as you know when to cancel the auto transport order.
Timing is Everything
You can’t wait until the very last minute after the carrier has already left with your vehicle and is closing in on your destination to cancel your auto transport order. Logically, that would not make much sense. If you were to do so and refuse to pay the full amount that you owe at that stage, there’s a high likelihood that the auto transport carrier will do at least one of the following:
- Place your vehicle in storage until you pay the full amount;
- Transport your vehicle to a tow-away service;
- Sue you in order to get their payment;
- Contact a collection agency;
- Contact the authorities.
Keep in mind that if your vehicle is placed in a storage area until it’s decided if you’re going to pay or not, you’ll most likely also be charged daily storage fees and/or interest fees.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cancel Before It Departs
You will need to cancel your auto transport order before it’s picked up and begins its journey on a carrier. If you do so, most auto transport companies will not charge you a cancellation fee. This also assumes that it has not yet been scheduled for pickup.
Some companies may have a policy where if you cancel within an allotted window, you will even be given back your deposit. However, it’s best to know upfront what the auto transport company’s cancellation policy is, as that will help you to avoid any confusion in the future.
Something to Keep in Mind…
Remember, even if you are able to successfully cancel your order, there are still a few things to keep in mind, which is that you won’t be refunded right away. If you paid by credit card, it can take at least 7 days to get your deposit back and perhaps even longer if you paid through bank transfer. So, if cash flow is an issue, that is something to be potentially concerned about.
Also, make sure to visit the Better Business Bureau’s website at www.bbb.org to check out reviews of auto transport companies before you commit to them. Most companies should also have their cancellation policies available on their website.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we will always try to accommodate your needs as much as possible and are completely upfront about our auto transport cancellation policies. Make sure to contact us today for your free no obligation quote!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory