- Automobili Lamborghini Worldwide Sales and Distribution
- Lamborghini's presence in the United States
- Lamborghini's Presence in China
- Lamborghini's presence in the Middle East
- Lamborghini's Presence in Europe
- Hong Kong A City with the Highest Number of Lambos
- Reasons for Lamborghini's Global Appeal
Lamborghini is a status symbol. Nothing screams wealth more than owning a luxury vehicle, but owning a Lamborghini will put you in a different league altogether. But where is the country with the highest number of Lamborghini owners? Is it the United States, China, or the brand's native Italy?
To answer this question, we must explore the most significant auto markets for luxury vehicle brands. Find the highest number of Lambo ownership and distribution can be found. And discover why this brand holds so much global appeal.
Automobili Lamborghini Worldwide Sales and Distribution
Each year, sales of the Lambo worldwide continue to increase. Lamborghini reports an upward trajectory in its sales and distribution worldwide. With data collected in 2021 and 2022, Lamborghini enjoys an almost even split of the growth in all macro-regions.
Still, the United States is the biggest market for most Lambos sold. In 2021, the Italian sports car manufacturer sold upwards of 2,400 vehicles nationwide. But this only accounts for 29% of the entire company's quantity sold. Following the US, these countries also sold plenty of Lambos in 2021:
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau): 935 cars sold
- Germany: 706 vehicles sold
- United Kingdom: 564 vehicles sold
- Italy: 359 vehicles sold
Meanwhile, 2022 will see another increase from the previous year. In 2022, the rankings changed only very slightly. The positions are now as follows, showing the number of cars delivered:
- The United States: 2,721 cars
- China (mainland, Hong Kong, and Macau): 1,018 cars
- Germany: 808 cars
- United Kingdom: 650 cars
- Japan: 546 cars
Lamborghini's presence in the United States
Lamborghini, a subsidiary of Audi (both owned by Volkswagen Group), has a strong presence in the United States. The brand has 39 official dealerships spread in an equal number of cities over 23 states and territories. California has the most dealerships, eight which accounts for 21% of Lamborghini dealerships in the country.
The US market has all the top sports and exotic models of Automobili Lamborghini. Lamborghini Aventador and Lamborghini Huracán are among the top favorites of exotic cars in the US. Meanwhile, super SUV Lamborghini Urus also leads the way in terms of distribution. The company delivered more than 5,000 Lamborghini Urus worldwide, including the US.
Lamborghini's Presence in China
Automobili Lamborghini also takes its presence in China seriously. The Shanghai Auto Show became the Asia Pacific debut venue of the new Automobili Lamborghini's Revuelto, a high-performance electrified vehicle with the first hybrid V12 engine.
The company intended Revueltos APAC debut in Shanghai to show its commitment to this Chinese market, which Automobili Lamborghini considers to be a significant one. It plans to expand the dealer network, offering various exclusive experiences.
Lamborghini's presence in the Middle East
The Middle East is an emerging market for Automobili Lamborghini. The brand is mainly thriving in the United Arab Emirates, particularly in Dubai. The city has a booming economy and plenty of high net-worth citizens with a liking for luxury car brands. It's not uncommon to see a fleet of Lamborghinis lined up outside the luxurious hotels and towering skyscrapers of Dubai.
Lamborghini's Presence in Europe
Europe is still an important market for Automobili Lamborghini. The Italians take pride in their automotive heritage, and Lamborghini is one of the nation's biggest legacies. A Lambo represents the epitome of Italian craftsmanship and design, so cars from this native manufacturer are a common sight in their home country.
Germany, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom also contribute to the number of Lambo owners in Europe. Thanks to their stable economies, the luxury car market blossoms there, attracting buyers who appreciate performance and prestige.
Hong Kong: A City with the Highest Number of Lambos
This special administrative region of China boasts the highest number of Lamborghinis per capita. In a city of around seven million people, there is (an estimated) 1,500 Lambos. That's one Lambo per around 4,600 people.
Despite its relatively small geographical size, the city does have a significant number of Lambo owners. Thanks to the city's status as a global financial hub, clearly projecting the image of affluence, Hong Kong's citizens have a taste for luxury. Thanks to the city's thriving economy, where many wealthy people live, the city has become the perfect environment for Automobili Lamborghini to flourish.
This car, produced by a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, has sleek designs and powerful performances that resonate with car enthusiasts in the city. And Hong Kong's love for Lamborghinis is not limited to the streets. There, many car clubs and gatherings provide the Lambo owners a platform to showcase their prized possessions for a sense of community.
Furthermore, Hong Kong's location and connection to other Chinese cities make it the ideal base for Lambo enthusiasts to enter this key market. The city is Automobili Lamborghini's gateway to the Chinese mainland and Macau.
But the city's affinity for exotic supercars is not limited to Automobili Lamborghini. In fact, there's no single market share for the Italian manufacturer. Other big players in the automotive industry also enjoy the same popularity in Hong Kong's automotive scene. However, Lamborghini ownership does emphasize its passion for luxury cars.
Reasons for Lamborghini's Global Appeal
It seems nowhere where you go, Lamborghini still has the ultimate appeal for a luxury car brand. Among the many reasons for its global appeal is its design. But even the heavy price tag and the rarity of some models don't deter car enthusiasts from owning a Lambo. Instead, they add to that appeal. Here is why Lamborghini is so attractive to many car owners.
- A rich history: Lamborghini's rich history contributes to the brand's appeal. The founder, Ferruccio Lamborghini, started making tractors for agricultural purposes (they're called Lamborghini Trattori). In fact, Lamborghini Trattori still continues to produce agricultural machinery; the company is separate from the automobile manufacturing entity. However, the unique beginnings of Ferruccio Lamborghini's creations certainly contribute to the "exoticness" of the brand.
- Price, exclusivity, and rarity: In 2022, Lamborghini released a retro-inspired model of Lamborghini Countach that updates the classic for modern drivers. Only 122 cars were produced, all of which are spoken for, despite the seven-digit price tag. But the rarity of the brand's limited editions very much enhances the Lamborghini's appeal among car enthusiasts. It creates the impression that owning a Lamborghini is the ultimate representation of wealth and status, no matter how high the price of one Lamborghini car is.
- Excellent exterior: Lamborghini's designs uphold the brand's basic principles—precise lines, determined proportions, clear contours, and pure surfaces. The Lamborghini Centro Stile created guidelines to ensure their car models remain true to the brand's aesthetic language. The signature elements of the hexagon and theY have been a part of Lamborghini's design since its birth. Each element details a character that's both sporty and elegant. Many will agree the shapes of Lamborghini's cars are truly one-of-a-kind.
- Elegant interior: In the past, many considered the inside of a Lamborghini to be too spartan compared to the more sumptuous Ferrari. However, the new Lamborghini models have improved significantly when it comes to the interior. Lamborghini Huracan Evo or Lamborghini Urus are considered to have stunning interiors. They have high-quality leather, metal, and carbon fiber trims and excellent dashboard design.
- High speed: Lamborghini can go very fast on the road. Some of its competitors may be faster, but Lambos are no slouch in the speed department. Its cars' average speed is more than 200 mph. Their engines often have 750 horsepower, making them formidable enough to compete with even Ferrari and McLaren.
- Cargo capacity: Most sports cars don't have a lot of luggage space. However, Lamborghinis usually have ample room to carry the owners' cargo. This rare feature in a sports car makes Lambos unique and, therefore, sought-after.
The United States has the most Lamborghinis in the world, with China as a whole following behind closely. Thanks to Hong Kong's Lambo owners, the Chinese market may have a confident outlook for the brand's future success. Meanwhile, the European market may not be the biggest market, but the territory is still a solid stronghold for this native Italian manufacturer.
Don't hesitate to transport your precious Lambos with A1 Auto Transport, a company that is well-known for automobile transport. We handle classic, exotic, and luxury vehicles with care until they reach their destination. Get a free quote today and ship your car with ease.