Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Utah
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Utah Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Part of the Four Corners region, Utah is well known for being one of the most religious states in the country as well as a place where you can explore for days on end through the vast terrain and still not get tired of the scenic views. Tourism is pretty big business here because of the plentiful recreational opportunities; however, because of the presence of the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City, many people travel here for religious reasons as well. In fact, this is what the state is perhaps most well-known for, as Brigham-Young University is also located here. However, there is much more to Utah than its LDS ties.
Recreation is a big draw here. Many people travel over thousands of miles just to hike the scenic canyons or engage in world-class skiing down one of the many slopes during the colder months. If swimming is more your thing, there’s plenty of it to be had in any number of the state’s winding rivers; likewise when it comes to other water-based activities, such as canoeing or white water rafting, which is a common sight in the state of Utah. The Rocky Mountain chain spans this state, offering great chances for hiking, canoeing, camping and more within the vicinity of the mountains and with these majestic peaks serving as a backdrop. There are a number of other recreational areas around Utah that make it an attractive option for visitors from around the country that are interested in exploring all that this state has to offer. However, to gain access to these various areas of beauty, you may need a vehicle to get from one point to the next. Because of the mountains, there is also world-renowned skiing in this state as well. Utilize a vehicle shipping company to transport your car to Utah so that you can take full advantage of the natural beauty found in abundance in this state.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Salt Lake City to Las Vegas||$421||421 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Denver to Salt Lake City||$390||520 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Salt Lake City to Portland||$575||766 miles||3 – 5 days|
|California to Utah||$579||772 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Utah to Texas||$749||999 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Oklahoma City to Salt Lake City||$712||1187 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Utah to Louisiana||$897||1495 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Indianapolis to Utah||$909||1515 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Utah to Columbus||$1014||1690 miles||5 – 7 days|
|New York to Utah||$1103||2206 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Salt Lake City to Miami||$1014||2534 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Utah Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Utah car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Find the best auto shipping company: When you are shopping around for an auto transport company, look for the one that not only offers the best rates, but also the best policies for your shipping needs. There’s no sense choosing a company with services that you don’t need or want or with prices you can’t afford.
- Inquire about routes utilized to ship your vehicle: In some instances, longer routes may cost more money. Ask about shipping routes not only so you can determine the cost you will incur to ship your vehicle, but also so that you have an idea of how long it will take to get your car back.
- Determine whether your car is being shipped to a terminal or to your home: Depending on where you plan to ship, you may not have a lot of options. However, larger cities often provide a chance to ship right to your door or schedule pick-up at a terminal; compare price differences so you can choose the best one for you.
Visit the Utah Department of Transportation website for more information on Utah and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Utah Auto Transport Companies Directory
SALT LAKE CITY
DZ Auto Shippers
DZ Auto Shippers offers a wide range of shipping options at a price you can afford.
3439 South 300 East, Salt Lake City, UT
Spider Transport Inc
Spider Transport can provide shipping for luxury and classic vehicles for those in need of specialty shipping options.
1510 South 7th West, Salt Lake City, UT
Auto Transport Group LLC
Auto Transport Groups is one of the only shipping service providers in the Ogden area, shipping around the state and the greater Four Corners region.
1621 West 2550 North, Ogden, UT
This locally-owned Utah auto shipping company provides both open and enclosed transport and maintains an excellent record of customer service.
6995 Union Park Ctr # 390
Cottonwood Hts, UT
Auto Driveaway Co
A nationally owned and operated company, this is a great option if you need shipping around the country.
186 East Main Street #102, Sandy, UT
Vehicle Registration in Utah
Utah’s Division of Motor Vehicles handles all vehicle registrations in the state, be there registrations for new residents, new car purchases or registration renewals.
To get your vehicle registered in the state of Utah, you have to visit the DMV office and submit your car’s insurance policy, the vehicle title, your driver’s license, a inspection certificate and a payment for the registration fees. The fee will vary depending on your car’s weight and year, and on which county you settled residency in. Take note you can register by mail if you are living temporarily outside of the state.
Please note that special types of vehicles (ATVs, custom-built vehicles, trailers, etc.) might have slightly different requirements in regards to the registration process.
Registration for New Utah Residents
When moving to Utah you benefit from a 60 days grace period to get your vehicle titled and registered with the local DMV. You can do both the titling and registration simultaneously.
To finish the registration process, you should submit the following paperwork to the DMV:
- A fully completed titling application;
- The certificate of registration issued in your former state of residency;
- A vehicle inspection certificate;
- Take note that the VIN can be also completed by an employee of the DMV office during the process of registration.
- A certificate from the safety inspection or an emissions test certificate;
- Proof of payment for the fees for registration;
How to Register a Car in Utah
Cars purchased from a dealer
Usually, the dealer submits the car registration paperwork to the DMV in Utah after finalizing a sale. You will also receive a temporary certificate of registration that will make it legal to drive your car until the final registration is done and gets sent to you by mail.
Cars bought from private individuals
To register a vehicle bought from a private individual, you should bring the following documents to the DMV office:
- The title certificate signed in your name;
- Your Utah issued driver’s license;
- Your car insurance policy;
- The safety inspection certificate and/or the smog test certificate;
- Proof of payment for all registration and titling fee, as well as the fee for the temporary permit that’s going to be issued in your name.
Until your registration certificate is processed and issued to you, you will be able to drive the recently acquired vehicle onto the streets of Utah using a temporary permit. If you haven’t completed your vehicle’s emissions test or the safety inspection, you will be able to use the temporary permit to perform the required tests and submit the proof of passing to the DMV.
How to Transfer a Utah Car Registration
You can transfer the license plates from your old vehicle to your new one by submitting these to the local DMV office:
- The license plates of your old vehicle, which will be inspected to verify they meet the legibility requirements of the state;
- Your Utah driver’s license in copy form;
- The title of the vehicle signed in your name;
- A Utah car insurance policy;
- A certificate proving the passing of a safety inspection and/or a test for emissions;
- Registration fees paid in full.
Temporary Utah Registration Permit
You can use a temporary registration permit to legally circulate on the streets of Utah while the registration process is ongoing, or to perform the requested inspections for your permanent vehicle registration.
If you bought the vehicle from a car dealership, they will also provide you with a temporary permit. If you buy your vehicle from an individual, you will have to request the temporary registration permit from the DMV by submitting these documents:
- The title certificate of the vehicle signed in your name;
- Proof of your vehicle’s insurance;
- An ID card with a photo;
- The payment of the temporary permit fee;
Non-Resident and Military Car Registration
For military members
Utah residents that serve in the military have to go through the same vehicle registration process as civilians.
Utah military members stationed in other states
If you are a resident of Utah and are stationed on active military duty in another state, you can preserve your Utah registration and license plates.
You can also benefit from a series of exemptions, given that the vehicle is titled in your name and there isn’t an active lease on it: from emissions inspections, safety inspections, or property tax exemption.
Military members stationed in Utah that reside in other states
While you are stationed in the state of Utah, you can drive your vehicle using the license plates and registration issued by the state where you have your residency. However, if you purchase a car in Utah, you’ll have to pay a use/sales tax, regardless of where you will register the vehicle.
Registration for Residents of Other States
If you are a full-time student at any higher learning accredited place in Utah (college, university, etc.), you are not required to register your vehicle with the local Utah DMV.
However, if you work in Utah and reside in another state (exception being military members and full-time students), you have to get a Utah certificate for your vehicle’s registration if you fall into one of these categories:
- Your driver’s license is issued by the state of Utah;
- Your permanent residence is in Utah;
- You are living in Utah for more than 6 months;
- Your workplace is in the state of Utah (exception being seasonal workers). – Persons that commute into the state of Utah from other states still fall into this category.;
- You take on residency in Utah to benefit from state services, like school for the kids.
Registering a vehicle in Utah from another state
You can register your car by mail if you are temporarily residing in another state. You should follow the registration steps for new Utah residents and also contact the DMV to get informed on emissions testing requirements and the amount you need to pay in registration fees, depending on the vehicle you want to register.
Fees for Vehicle Registration in Utah
Any car’s registration tax depends on its weight, year, and residence county (as the use tax and sales tax might vary by location). The year of the vehicle divides the respective fee into 2 categories:
- An aged-based uniform fee;
- It applies only to passenger cars and its value is higher for newer cars, ranging from approximately $10 for cars older than 12 years to approximately $150 for cars newer than 3 years.
- A uniform fee.
- It applies to motor homes, heavy-duty and medium trucks, as well as to commercial trailers.
- It represents 1 per cent of the value for motor homes and 1.5 per cent of the value for trucks and commercial trailers.
How to get a duplicate of the registration certificate
Whether your registration certificate is deteriorated or missing, you should immediately get it replaced. To apply for the release of a duplicate you have to submit:
- Your driver’s license issued by the state of Utah;
- Proof of payment for the duplicate release fee.
Vehicle Inspections in Utah
Safety inspections: They are are mandatory for vehicles such as: school busses, street-legal ATVs, salvaged vehicles for which there are requests for rebuilt automobile titles, commercial vehicles, vans or buses for hire, three axles or more, and service providers of ground transportation.
Safety inspections can be performed at any inspection station approved by the DPS.
Vehicle identification number inspections
Vehicles on their first registration in the state of Utah must be subjected to a VIN inspection.
Usually, a safety inspection suffices for passenger cars if the inspection certificate has an accurate VIN number mentioned on it.
For the registration of boats, trailers, off-highway vehicles, or snowmobiles, a distinct VIN inspection, performed for free at any office of the DMV, is mandatory.
Residents of these counties are obliged to submit their vehicles to emissions inspections: Cache, Weber, Utah, Salt Lake, and Davis.
Utah License Plates
At the moment of registration, you will have to decide the design of your license plates. You will be issued the standard design for Utah’s license plates if you do not choose a specialized design. There are various options available and you also have the possibility to get personalized license plates.
Replacing Utah license plates
When you notice your license plates disappeared or are damaged, you are mandated to get them replaced in the shortest amount of time possible.
To apply for duplicates for your license plates, you need to submit the following documentation to the DMV:
- The current registration certificate;
- The VIN;
- Payment for the fees of the license plates.
It is also possible to obtain a duplicate for your license plates through mail. For this process you need to include:
- A handwritten letter requesting the issue of the duplicate;
- The certificate from the registration in copy;
- Payment of the applicable fees by money order or check.
Registering a car that is not operational
You can postpone the renewal of your vehicle’s registration if you’re not planning on driving it on the roads of Utah without being fined for the expiration of the registration certificate.
Other Utah Resources
Utah.gov – official government website for the state of Utah.
Utah Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Utah.
University Of Utah – Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain range, the University of Utah has a vantage point like no other. Inspiring views complement perspectives learned in classrooms and labs, and bespeaks the vast opportunities campus provides.
Utah On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Related Information & FAQ
Reviews from Customers in Utah
After calling and texting a bunch of companies, it was a gentleman by the name of Joe who finally clarified what the transport industry’s all about. He explained the process in simple terms, and answered all my questions in short, clear answers.
I chose his company, A1 Auto Transport to move my car to Utah. He didn’t disappoint. My ford was delivered on time and in perfect condition.
Thank you for your hard work and attention to detail! The professionalism and passion you put into this work really shines through everything you do, from that first call to the transportation itself.
Bonus points for always answering the phone and staying in touch during the transport. Good work!- Maddie S.
The plan was to ship my car from California to Utah. I went through nearly 20 quotes after using an auto shipping site which linked to a bunch of brokers. Finally, I found A1 Auto Transport, a company with its own trucks with great reviews. I was sold.
Joe was very competent, gave off the impression he’d done this a million times, and it really showed throughout the transport. He listened to my request carefully, offered me several options, stayed in touch during the transport, and made sure I was happy with everything. Overall, a great company which I would definitely recommend to others!- Ian V.
Auto Transport Services in Utah
- Box Elder County
- Cache County
- Carbon County
- Davis County
- Duchesne County
- Emery County
- Iron County
- Juab County
- Millard County
- Morgan County
- Saint George
- Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake County
- San Juan County
- Sandy City
- Sanpete County
- Sevier County
- South Jordan
- Summit County
- Tooele County
- Uintah County
- Utah County
- Wasatch County
- Washington County
- Weber County
- West Jordan
- West Valley City