Of course, shipping a car to Cambodia from California is going to require thorough understanding and adherence to the local custom clearances, laws, taxes and duties which apply when you import a car.
There are limitations on the types of cars that you can bring into Cambodia apart from paying the VAT and import taxes. If there is one thing that you should take into consideration it’s that this is not a cheap undertaking.
Most of the cars which are shipped to the country of Cambodia from California and other cities within USA are transported with containerized shipping. (This is a common method for international shipping but in a lot of countries roll-on, roll-off is also an option). However, you need to know that smaller compact cars, mopeds, motorcycles and scooters, however, can cost you a lot less because of the lower displacement of their engines. The cost is usually going to range between $1,600 and $3,400 as well as the applicable taxes and the imposed duties.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing the vehicle for the export.
Here is a checklist of some of the things that are prerequisite by Cambodia Customs Authority and are done prior to the shipping process:
- You should steam clean the vehicle inside and out thoroughly in order to avoid quarantine times and other types of delays.
- You need to switch off or disable your alarm to prevent drainage of battery.
- Fill in the gas tank on about ¼ of its capacity. You don’t need any more than that as it’s only going to add weight.
- Make sure that your brakes work properly.
- Get all of the external accessories and fixtures removed. If your antenna is fixed to the body, simply lower it.
- Empty your vehicle of all other personal belongings.
Import Regulations of Cambodia.
The truth is that abiding by all of the laws in Cambodia is without a doubt the hardest part of the import. Luckily, you will have our experience and expertise behind your back. You can also get in touch with the Embassy of Cambodia in order to understand if there are any alterations in the legislative procedures, even though they would rarely change.
- All of the foreigners who aren’t employed by an NGO or aren’t diplomats have to pay the necessary duties.
- All of the vehicles need to be with left-hand drive.
- All of the taxes, as well as the duties, need to be paid prior to getting the import approval.
There is a certain set of documents that you need to provide to the authorities in Cambodia, which include:
- The Bill of Lading.
- The Registration Certification with the number of the chassis and the engine on it.
- Proof for NGO employment or diplomatic status if applicable.
The truth is that it’s particularly simple for you to ship a vehicle to Cambodia, as long as you adhere to all of the regulations and meet the restrictions which are set forward in the policy. If your vehicle is in compliance, you can start getting the documentation prepared. At A1 Auto Transport, we can handle everything to ensure that your vehicle is exported from California and imported to Cambodia with ease with the import approval quickly.