How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Colombia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The freight charges of shipping a motorcycle to Columbia from USA are $1,300 to $3,000.
- The most preferred method of shipping a motorcycle is in a shared container, as that is the most affordable option
Columbia is located in South America while some of its territories are in Central America. It shares its borders with Venezuela, Panama, Peru, Ecuador and Brazil. Geographically, the country encapsulates the Pacific and Caribbean coastlines, tropical grasslands and Amazonian rainforests.
If you are planning to travel around Colombia on your motorcycle or just need it to commute to work or study, importing it from USA seems to be the best solution. It is important to consider the fact that used vehicles and motorcycles are not allowed in Colombia. Additionally, before you can move a vehicle here, you are required to have an import license. To get the permit to import and clear the Colombian Customs Department and the United States Customs, you are required to submit documents including:
- Motorcycle title deed
- Registration documents- VIN, year, make and model details
- Bill of sale
- Purchase invoice
It is important to note that the information on the documents is the same as on the import license that you need to ship your motorcycle here. However, you need to have the import license before you can ship your motorcycle from USA to Colombia. Another key aspect to consider is that you should not consider putting your motorcycle as part of the household goods, if you plan on moving to Colombia for a long stay. It is essential to know all about Colombian regulation on vehicle import so that there are no delays or seizure of cargo imports, apart from paying fines and fees.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is within the law to bring motorcycles that are registered in U.S into Colombia for travel or as part of transit to another country. However, a temporary import license is needed before you will be allowed to drive your motorcycle into the Colombian cities. Though this import permit will be provided at the border, you are required to have compulsory car insurance or SOAT. After you fill out the temporary import permit and get it authenticated, you can drive it in Colombia. Some of the documents that need to be submitted along with the form are copies of the title deed, registration documents, owner’s passport and Bill of Lading. For more information, you can contact the Ministry of Transport.
Registration of Imported Motorcycle
It is important to submit a lot of paperwork for registering your motorcycle at the local transport office. These are:
- Import declaration
- Purchase invoice
- SOAT Certificate
- Receipt of paid taxes
It is cheaper to register a motorcycle than a car so make sure that you have all of the required documents. You might want to talk with us or contact the Colombian Consulate for the latest updates on the import laws and duties.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory