- Car Shipping Venezuela
- Shipping Your Car To Venezuela From The United States
- Shipping A Car To Venezuela
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Venezuela
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Import Recommendations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Venezuela
- Shipping Methods
- Main Ports Of Arrival
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Venezuela
- The Types Of Heavy Equipment And Oversized Cargo We Can Ship Overseas
- What Are The Transport Methods I Have To Choose From For My Cargo’s Transport To Venezuela?
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Venezuela
Shipping Your Car to Venezuela from the United States
Shipping A Car To Venezuela
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars shipped to Venezuela from the United States cost between$1,800 and $4,300 to transport.
- You may be able to find slightly cheaper rates depending on the time of year, available spots on transport carriers, and the weight of the vehicle being shipped.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Venezuela
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to La Guaira||$200||$3,700||5+23|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to La Guaira||$275||$3,300||5+14|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to La Guaira||$450||$3,700||5+23|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to La Guaira||$550||$3,700||6+23|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to La Guaira||$575||$3,300||6+14|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to La Guaira||$700||$3,300||6+14|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to La Guaira||$775||$3,700||7+23|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to La Guaira||$800||$3,300||6+14|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to La Guaira||$925||$3,300||7+14|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to La Guaira||$1,025||$3,700||7+23|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping your vehicle to Venezuela from the United States is a challenge in and of itself because of the tumultuous political and economic climate in the country, not to mention the physical dangers that exist there. Given its strained relations with the United States, those choosing to ship their vehicle to Venezuela may also have to jump through more hoops and security checks than normal. However, in spite of this, A-1- Auto Transport can help to guide you through this process so that you make this process as easy and smooth as possible.
Double the size of California and housing a population of around 30 million, many of which reside in its capital city of Caracas, it is quite an urbanized country. This is in spite of its jaw-dropping natural beauty, in which it contains both rich and diverse Amazonian jungles and lovely, snow-filled mountains within its Andean peaks.
One of the unique aspects of the country's economy is that the exchange rate with U.S. dollars is fixed, leading to a black market for currency exchanges. This has caused inflation, which has increased to 50% a year currently. In order to combat the inflation, the Government of Venezuela, under the rule of Nicola Maduro, has begun to try to control prices even more and to even place controls on the profits of companies. Currently, the poverty rate of the country is as high as 27% according to various estimates, which is down from the peak of 50% in 1999 when Chavez was elected.
This has had carryover effects on the amount of foreign direct investment that has come into the country, such as U.S. direct investments in various sectors. Additionally, Venezuela, which has traditionally been a major importer of medicine, machines, and automobiles from the United States, has seen a decrease in this during the past decade due to their government's focus on working with other countries, not to mention a loss of confidence by U.S. companies in their economic environment and increasing levels of tension.
Check out the CIA World Fact Book on Venezuela here:
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Located in South America in a region that is sometimes referred to as Caribbean South America, Venezuela borders both the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea in between Guyana and Colombia. As a result of its geographical location, it serves as a link between North and South America in terms of both land and sea transportation routes. It borders Brazil to the south, Colombia to the west, and Guyana to the east. And given its location, English is not widely spoken in the country, as Spanish is the native language. However, some customs officials may speak good English, but it really is up to chance as to whether or not that will be the case.
Since everything is nationalized, you can expect some bureaucracy. Corruption is also a major issue in the country, which can affect some of the fees that you will have to pay. In spite of this, shipping your car to Venezuela does not have to be as costly as you would think.
With A-1 Auto's help, you'll be able to prepare your documents properly and try to take advantage of duty-free exemptions and other exemptions that exist.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Venezuela
- Proof of Ownership of the Vehicle
- Copy of Your Passport
- Original Certificate of Use in Your Name (Must Be Stamped at Venezuelan Consulate in the USA)
- RIF Certificate
- Four Original Bill of Lading Forms
- Purchase Invoice / Bill of Sale (Price, Date, and Location of Original Purchase)
- Original title & registration
- Certificate of use
- Temporary import permit
- RIF document
There's also the possibility to ship your vehicle to Venezuela duty-free, but the following requirements have to be met:
- You are a citizen of Venezuela or have not been there for at least one year.
- You have all of the documents for your car in your name.
- You have owned the car for a minimum of 11 months.
- You are only shipping one car that has a value of no more than $20,000.
* Only Venezuelan citizens can import used vehicles. Foreign nationals and Venezuelan citizens are allowed to import new vehicles.
** You can expect to pay 1% of the CIF value even if your car is duty-free.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Venezuela.
Shipping your car to Venezuela is an easy process, but has to be completed by ship.
- Roll-On and Roll-Off Service: This is the most commonly used method, as it is the cheapest. If you choose to ship your automobile from the United States to Venezuela using this method, your vehicle will be placed on a car deck on the freight ship, where it will be put in place securely. The one downside to this method of shipping is that it can take a long time and isn't always consistent in terms of the arrival time.
- Container Service: Choosing to ship you vehicle through this method will cost more, but it does have its perks. First, your automobile will be shipped from the United States in its very own container. Not only will it provide an extra layer of security for your vehicle, but it will also allow you to place other items in the container as well, provided that they're not placed inside of the vehicle. It'll also arrive in Ireland a bit faster and is much more reliable.
A-1 Auto can help you obtain the best rates on either one!
Main Ports of Arrival
With the main city of Venezuela being Caracas, that's the most common point of arrival for most people who elect to ship their vehicle to the country from the United States. The following are some of the main ports:
- Port of Puerto Cabello
- Port of Punta Piedras
- Port of La Guaira
- Port of Maracaibo
Make sure that you prepare all of the required documentation at a minimum of 3 days before your car is scheduled to arrive in Venezuela. That's because the Venezuelan Customs law states that the customs clearance process must start at least 5 business days from when the vehicle first arrives at the shipping port. Otherwise, you can expect to pay a large penalty.
Once your vehicle arrives, we will help to safely get it to your final destination. As Venezuela can be a bit dangerous depending on the area, let us at A-1 Auto take care of the transportation arrangements for you so that everything arrives without any issues.
You can visit //venezuela-us.org/como-exportar-e-importar/ for more information on the process.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Venezuela
The process of shipping heavy or oversized cargo to Venezuela or any other nation outside of the U.S. is a challenge for inexperienced individuals. It takes rigorous planning, attention to details, the most current transport technology and equipment, and knowledge of foreign import policies to properly execute an international transport. This mustn’t be a concern if you hire qualified overseas transporters to ship your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Venezuela for you. In fact, A1 Auto Transport has been helping people ship their cargo overseas for a little more than 25 years. We are absolutely convinced that we can get your cargo shipped outside of the U.S. in a reasonable timeframe at an affordable price.
The Types of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We Can Ship Overseas
There is no limit to the types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to ship. In the decades we’ve been established as transporters we have shipped countless types of large cargo and we’re pretty certain there’s nothing we can’t have delivered for you unless it isn’t permitted for import by the nation you are shipping to. Below is a list containing some of the heavy equipment and oversized cargo we have shipped in the past and will ship again.
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Track Loaders
- Pile Drivers
- Asphalt Pavers
- Large Trucks & Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
What Are the Transport Methods I Have to Choose From for My Cargo’s Transport to Venezuela?
Through A1, we offer four different overseas transport methods for oversized cargo and heavy equipment. However, the shipping methods available to you will depend on what type of cargo you’re shipping. For instance, container shipping is the safest method of transport we offer yet if your cargo is too large to fit into the container, this method is not available to you. In some cases, we can disassemble your heavy equipment to fit into the container if necessary.
We offer three open air shipping methods to our customers at A1. These particular shipping solutions include RoRo shipping, LoLo shipping, and flat rack shipping. These shipping methods are all cost efficient and inexpensive but each is carried out differently. RoRo shipping is the cheapest and it is only available to those shipping operable vehicles and equipment. LoLo shipping is best for those shipping crated equipment or inoperable vehicles. Flat rack shipping is available to any shipping customer. With this method, your cargo is strapped to a metal rack which is placed aboard the ship.