Shipping A Car To Vanuatu
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It costs $2,300 to $5,100 to ship a car to Vanuatu from the U.S. in most cases.
- Since the republic is made of several islands that form a chain, costs can vary based on where in the U.S. the car is shipped from and the specific destination of the shipment.
If you are thinking of exporting a car to Vanuatu, there is some basic information that you should know about the process in order to ensure that it is a smooth transition. Vanuatu is an island country located east of Australia.
Vanuatu’s currency is known as the Ni-Vanuatu (VU, VUT, or VT) and the current exchange rate hovers around $1 USD for 93.60 VUT. The two major shipping ports in Vanuatu are Port Vila and Santo.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Expected Costs and Required Documents
Shipping a car to Vanuatu is possible and the costs are not as high as some other Oceanic locations. The duty tax is based on several factors relating to the vehicles size and overall engine capacity. Vanuatu does not charge an excise tax. The duty and tax rates are as follows:
- There is a standard 12.5% value added tax (VAT)
- The duty rate is between 15-30% based on the previously outlined factors
- 15% for golf carts and similar vehicles.
- 15% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity below 1,000cc
- 20% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity between 1,000 and 1,500cc
- 25% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity between 1,500 and 3,000cc
- 40% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity higher than 3,000cc
- 30% if your vehicle falls into the ‘Other’ category
- 10% for commercial vehicles that do not exceed 5 tons
- 15% for commercial vehicles that do exceed 5 tons
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Vanuatu
- The name and address of the importer (supplied by your shipping company)
- The name, country of origin, quantity, and description of vehicle
- The value of the vehicle (invoice if new, estimated value if used)
- A certificate declaring all info to be valid
- Vehicles title and registration, proof of ownership, and other supporting documents are highly recommended in order to make the transfer seamless
- Bill of lading
Other documentation may be required, so it is advised that you correlate with your shipping company in order to ensure that you have all of the necessary information. The government prohibits the importation of right-hand drive vehicles unless proper clearance is obtained.
We offer various shipping methods to Vanuatu. The two most popular options are the roll on, roll off, and container shipping methods.
Roll on, Roll off
The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!