Shipping A Car To Vanuatu
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It costs $2,300 to $5,100 to ship a car to Vanuatu from the U.S. in most cases.
- Since the Republic is made of several islands that form a chain, costs can vary based on where in the U.S. the car is shipped from and the specific destination of the shipment.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Vanuatu
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Vanuatu||$350||$3000||22+5|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Vanuatu||$550||$3000||22+6|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Vanuatu||$775||$3000||22+7|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Vanuatu||$475||$3000||22+6|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Vanuatu||$400||$8000||34+5|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Vanuatu||$700||$8000||34+6|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Vanuatu||$275||$8000||34+5|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Vanuatu||$800||$8000||34+6|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Vanuatu||$575||$8000||34+6|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Vanuatu||$1,025||$3000||22+7|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
If you are thinking of exporting a car to Vanuatu, there is some basic information that you should know about the process in order to ensure that it is a smooth transition. Vanuatu is an island country located east of Australia.
Vanuatu’s currency is known as the Ni-Vanuatu (VU, VUT, or VT) and the current exchange rate hovers around $1 USD for 93.60 VUT. The two major shipping ports in Vanuatu are Port Vila and Santo.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Expected Costs and Required Documents
Shipping a car to Vanuatu is possible and the costs are not as high as some other Oceanic locations. The duty tax is based on several factors relating to the vehicle's size and overall engine capacity. Vanuatu does not charge an excise tax. The duty and tax rates are as follows:
- There is a standard 12.5% value added tax (VAT)
- The duty rate is between 15-30% based on the previously outlined factors
- 15% for golf carts and similar vehicles.
- 15% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity below 1,000cc
- 20% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity between 1,000 and 1,500cc
- 25% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity between 1,500 and 3,000cc
- 40% for a vehicle with a cylinder capacity higher than 3,000cc
- 30% if your vehicle falls into the ‘Other’ category
- 10% for commercial vehicles that do not exceed 5 tons
- 15% for commercial vehicles that do exceed 5 tons
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Vanuatu
- The name and address of the importer (supplied by your shipping company)
- The name, country of origin, quantity, and description of vehicle
- The value of the vehicle (invoice if new, estimated value if used)
- A certificate declaring all info to be valid
- Vehicles title and registration, proof of ownership, and other supporting documents are highly recommended in order to make the transfer seamless
- Bill of lading
Other documentation may be required, so it is advised that you correlate with your shipping company in order to ensure that you have all of the necessary information. The government prohibits the importation of right-hand drive vehicles unless proper clearance is obtained.
We offer various shipping methods to Vanuatu. The two most popular options are the roll on, roll off, and container shipping methods.
- Roll on, Roll off: The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
- Container Shipping: If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Vanuatu
The absolute simplest and most efficient way to ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Vanuatu from the U.S. is by hiring a qualified and experienced transport company. At A1 Auto Transport we’ve been helping people nationally and internationally ship their vehicles, heavy equipment, oversized cargo, and more for about 30 years. We have access to the most reliable transport equipment and modern shipping technology. Our staff members are also very familiar with the compliance of foreign import policies and how to appease Customs for the certificate of import approval. Due to our efforts, we can deliver all kinds of heavy equipment or oversized cargo anywhere in the world.
If you’re wondering if what you need to ship would be considered as “heavy” or “oversized” cargo, you can call in and ask the professionals at A1 or take a look at the list below.
Types of Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment We Can Ship to Vanuatu
- Pontoon Boats
- Air Drills
- Cold Planers
- Log Loaders
- Pneumatic Rollers
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Boom Lifts
- Crawler Loaders
- Heavy Trucks
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Trenchers and more…
All of Our Shipping Methods for Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
The type of cargo you’re shipping will determine which of the four international shipping methods are available to you. Our trained representatives will go over your options with you after you provide them with a few details, but if you’re curious as to what overseas transport methods we offer, here our some facts pertaining to each one…
- Container Shipping is the most secure overseas transport method since it protects your cargo within within metal walls and a ceiling. Your cargo, whatever it may be, must fit into a 40ft shipping container to use this method.
- Flat Rack Shipping is an inexpensive open air service that includes securing your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed on the boat.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping is the most affordable shipping option. Your large or heavy vehicle or piece of equipment must be driven or rolled onto and off of the ship.
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping is recommended for those with inoperable vehicles or crated cargo. A crane lifts the cargo onto the ship for this open air service.